Chapter 9: Home sweet home

Seher's POV

A wide smile curved up on my lips as I stepped down onto my mother land, India. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, feeling the cold wind of Amritsar gently brushing up against my cheeks as if welcoming me.

"India..." I mumbled with a content smile.

"Oh how I missed you" I added opening my eyes.

After completing all the formalities and collecting my luggage I walked out of the airport.

"Hey! Dr. Rajput!" I heard a familiar voice calling out for me.

As I glanced around to look for the source of the familiar voice, my eyes landed on a figure standing a little far away from me, leaning against her car.

"Bani!" I exclaimed before letting go off my luggage and quickly running towards her as she approached me in quick strides.

"Oh my God! Bani" I mumbled as she pulled me into a bear hug.

"Seher! I missed you so much" She said.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were coming to receive me?" I asked pulling away, smacking her arm playfully.

"It wouldn't have been such a surprise then, would it?" She replied.

"Now I get it, this is why you were being so interrogative" I said with an eyebrow raised.

"When will you land? What time is your flight?" I added mimicking her.

"Enough now" She said.

"And let's go and surprise the Rajput's" She added with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah let's go. I cannot wait to see their reactions..." I paused as we grabbed my luggage.

"Especially papa's. I have told them all that I won't be back until another week or two" I continued as we got into her car and she drove away, towards my place.

"God! It feels like nothing has changed" I mumbled while staring out at the busy and familiar streets of my hometown, Amritsar.

"That was our school! Wasn't it?" I asked excitedly while glancing at Bani who was looking ahead and drinking.

"Yes it was, Seher" She replied with a small smile.

"Gosh! I feel like crying...it's just now that I'm realising how badly I missed this place" I said before looking out of the window once again, like an overly excited child.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked, looking at Bani as I heard her chuckling lightly.

"Nothing. It's just that you are behaving like a typical NRI" She replied while shaking her head.

"Well...that's where you are wrong, because I'm definately not a non resident Indian, Bani" I said.

"Yeah yeah but you know what I meant" She replied.

"Yeah I know, I know" I mumbled before looking out of the window yet again.

It wasn't long before we reached my place and as I got off the car, I couldn't help but feel like I was finally back where I belonged.

"Home sweet home" I murmured with a soft smile playing on my lips.

"What are you looking at?" Bani asked, standing beside me.

"Nothing...just admiring the place I spent my childhood at" I replied.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go inside" Bani said, excitedly as I nodded before walking inside.