III. woogity baby

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —

THE MORNING'S NAME IS CHAOS. The birds don't sing early enough in the morning to wake the sleeping blondes on the balcony, and so it all comes down to Kie having to enter the Clifton house and scream them out of their dreamless slumber. It was complete disarray trying to get ready in the scarce ten minutes they had to head off to school, Oakley and JJ both having to grab onto the first pieces of clothing thrown all over her bedroom and on her unused bed.

Oakley's hair is still wet as they ride through the streets, hand frantically brushing through her tangled locks while JJ helps slide her Vans on and Pope places JJ's books inside his bag. They'd waken up truly at the verge of being shamelessly late to their first day of school, and now Kie's van smells of coconut shampoo and explodes in complaints and grunting from the multitasking duo sitting in the back seat.

   "JJ have you never put a shoe in your life?" Oakley exclaims when the brush suddenly gets stuck on a tangled strand of her hair, pulling at it and making her shriek in pain.

   "You know, I usually put my own shoes on. I've never had to put them on for someone else," he says, pushing the shoe with one final burst of force as it finally fits her foot.

   "JJ you only brought Biology and English," Pope says from the passenger seat and JJ looks at him in confusion.

   "So what?"

   Pope deadpans at him, "We have none of those today,"

The blonde waves it off and grabs his bag when the raven-haired throws it back at him. Oakley leaves the brush inside the pockets of the driver's seat and gives her hair a final detangling brush with her fingers. She takes in a deep breath and readjusts the white halter top on her body. She lets herself slump back against the seat, but the energy inside the vehicle shifts dramatically when the packed institute comes into view.

Unlike the joking manner only seconds ago, the car goes completely quiet as they pull up next to the school. Oakley looks out the window with her jaw clenched and JJ glares out at all the judging stares and accusing fingers pointing at them. Immediately, the Pogues can feel his anger start to seep out of his body and become contagious.

Kie is careful to pull over somewhere further away from the crowd, hoping that way they'll have more privacy and feel somewhat secure from the penetrating gazes. It's pointless, clearly, for as soon as they pile out of the car, it feels like the whole world goes still before erupting in frivolous mumbling again. The bell rings just as Oakley's feet plop down on the ground, her body swaying a bit in unbalance before she grabs onto the door.

JJ jumps down after her, gulping down his hip flask and making Oakley snatch it from his hands.

   "Hey, chill out," Kie says as Oakley turns away from them and downs what remains of the bitter rum, "You too, Oak,"