V. hardship loves pogues

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —

THE NEXT STOP IS THE POLICE STATION. The night has fallen, but there were no stops along the way to the station. They had found the gun, and they would wait no more time to get it forward and have John B's name cleared by tomorrow. So, that's exactly what they did, they hopped on the car and drove straight to see Shoupe. And now here they sit, all four remaining Pogues watching Shoupe look down at the gun they've just proudly slammed down on his desk.

"So y'all are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with?"

"That's exactly what we're telling you," JJ says firmly.

"And the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin,"

Oakley's leg bounces up and down as she sits next to Kiara, eyes nervously waiting for some sort of realization or at least a hint of belief washing over Shoupe's face. But instead, she gets that repetitive sigh and that action of looking down in what seems to be either disappointment or exhaustion.

"Shoupe, come on! We've literally got you the fucking gun!" Oakley taps the Ziplock bag containing the weapon.

The man sticks a hand out and points at her, "Hey! Do not curse at me, Oak," he scolds, "You've brought the gun. And where's Gavin's corpse again?"

"Didn't you look?" Kie asks in disbelief, eyebrows furrowed.

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out,"

Oakley scoffs and leans back against the chair, arms crossing over her chest as they all start arguing again. Shoupe's office becomes a discussion room as everyone talks over the other, none of the vindictive teens letting the unjust cop speak up.

"Just because he's not in his damn home, does not mean he was a victim of a homicide,"

"What are you talking about?" Kie exclaims angrily as JJ begins ranting in fury.

"Is this- is this a joke? Are you messing with us?" Oakley leans forward.

"Do I look like I mess around, Clifton?"

Oakley scoffs and her jaw clenches.

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kie asks blatantly.

"He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache! Is that even real?" JJ screams, causing Shoupe to stand up from his chair.

Bickering breaks loose again as Oakley jumps to her feet to shut JJ up. But it's all useless when Shoupe walks to the door and swings it open, standing against the wall and gesturing all of them out of his fish and shit-smelling office.

"Get out. I got work to do and y'all are smelling up my office,"

Oakley presses her fists against her forehead and curses repeatedly under her breath. She holds back the wrathful tears that want to burst from her eyes and just transfers her anger to her nails digging into her palms. She lets them all walk away before her, staying standing there and watching Shoupe until they're the only two inside.