VIII. fever dreams & inevitable ruins

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —[ Picture above is Oakley's outfit! ]

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —
[ Picture above is Oakley's outfit! ]

OAKLEY ALWAYS WANTED her first time with JJ to be special. More special than her original first time and even more special than their first kiss. She always postponed intercourse with him because she never found the situation appealing or appropriate to let him meet such personal side of her. Last night, it seemed like the first time she truly felt comfortable and unbound to finally take the last big step and offer him her full and unqualified trust and reliance. After months of pushing the thought away and avoiding the subject, she finally found the perfect state of mind to let it happen.

However, as they now all sit gathered around the burnt out bonfire, eyes blank and legs bouncing while they stare at the ground, Oakley's mind isn't consumed by the euphoric memories of the events, and is instead filled with dread and concern at its finest. Now changed into a white bandeau top and patterned purple, green and yellow skirt shorts, the girl sits on the ground, a tired red hue around her eye sockets and eyes barely holding on to stay open.

Interrupting their silent reflection, the sound of the approaching HMS causes heads to jerk up and JJ is immediately jumping to his feet. Helping his girl by pulling her up, he grabs both their bags and bounds towards the dock, whistling for Bali to follow and looking back at John B as he helps wounded Sarah walk.

   "Finally. Hey!" He screams out to them, "Guys, don't tie up. Stop it!" Both blondes run down to the boat.

   "What?" Kie asks in confusion, looking between the agitated teens and at the way Bali's ears are pulled back.

   "We're dipping," JJ curtly explains, sprinting down the dock with Oakley behind him.

   "Wait, why?" Pope asks.

   "What? What are you talking about?" Kie adds.

Oakley and JJ ignore them as they plop into the small boat, putting their bags down as Bali lays on the bow and the two blonds look up at the chatting four.

   "Where'd you guys go? What happened last night?" John B asks, arm wrapped securely around Sarah's waist to keep her upright as they move at a fast pace.

   "We slept on the break. What's up?" Pope replies, earning a scoff from the freckled girl behind them.

   "Slept. That's funny," she shakes her head.

   "Yeah. We were up all night," JJ pats his chest, making Pope's eyebrows furrow as he looks at John B for answers.

   "We gotta get the hell outta here," the boy raises his eyebrows sternly.

   "Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now," the two walk down the rampage and hop in while Kie undocks the boat.

The drive around the marsh feels eternal, as if no place was good enough to hide them correctly. Every spot and every open land gives off an unsafe aura that makes them all grimace when Pope asks if he should stop. Oakley's fear only increases when the possibility of someone following them in that exact moment haunts her scrambled mind, and JJ's angered rambling isn't helping ease the shivers that constantly run alongside her pumping blood.