IX. previously on jj and oakley's road to disaster...

— ⚓︎  ⚓︎  ⚓︎ —

— ⚓︎ ⚓︎ ⚓︎ —

   OAKLEY REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO. She really didn't want to reach the point were her fists would be so desperate pounding on the door of a person who could easily put a bullet between her eyes. Someone so dangerous she'd had to run away from him so many times before. But Kildare is small, and having been so long without drugs, she'd never searched for somewhere to obtain them other than the golden toothed boy with the vengeful spirit and the penetrating black eyes. The severity of her mistake doesn't really seem to settle completely in her agitated conscience, and the clawing anxiety is begging for something to push it back down— And she can only think of them. Drugs.

She'd somewhat voluntarily decided to come to his doorstep, but that doesn't take away the way her breath staggers when the door swings open and his fierce eyes fall upon her, scanning her in confusion and bitterness, wondering why in the universe's twisted fates would Oakley Clifton end up standing outside his doorstep. But taking in the tears cascading down her cheeks and the shakiness in her fidgeting hands, the boy can't do much other than lean against his doorframe and wait for her to give him a solid and credible explanation.

For a moment were her mind becomes sane again and remembers that just last night she was fearing for her life because of the same person standing before her, Oakley rubs her forehead and almost turns around, struggling to breathe properly as her stupidity settles deeper into her gut. He's a terrible person. He's a threat to their lives and he's been one of the main reasons for her terrors and yet she's still standing in front of him wanting something only he can give to her. It's absolutely insane.

But then again, her mind is in shambles, and she can't really see the horizon of regret that's approaching her at the end of her vision. She can only see the clouds of grief, wrath and betrayal, and she doesn't seem to be able to comprehend the severity of her mistake enough to make her back down.

It's too late to turn away anyways.

   "Look, I-I don't wanna chat or anything. I don't wanna associate with you, but I need you to give me something," she stutters out, eyes looking away.

   "Shit, girl. You have a lot of nerve showing up here after everything your little boyfriend has done to me," he chuckles, golden tooth nibbling at his bottom lip.

   Oakley shakes her head, sniffling as she sinks deeper into her shuddering shoulders, "He's done nothing to you, Barry. Everything he's done you had it coming,"

   "I don't play clean in this life, girl. You play clean, you get shit on," he replies, making Oakley scoff.

   "Well, look where that's gotten you," she mutters and the boy smiles, scanning her analytically.