Sick

I woke up from my nap and looked around. It was still light out so I didn't miss much. I sat up to get ready to go to the Great Hall but I felt weird. My head started to throb and I felt dizzy too.

Did Professor Snape's potion make me feel like this? Probably not, which meant that I was coming down with something. I stood up but had to make a mad dash to the bathroom before I threw up in my dorm room. The only problem was the nearest bathroom was next to Professor Snape's office. I couldn't get there without him finding out, I was so beyond screwed!

I got there just in time to push the door open and make it into a stall before emptying my stomach contents into the toilet. I threw up for a good 10 minutes straight. I groaned and just laid my head back against the wall. It felt cooler than my body did. I heard the door being pushed open as I started to throw up again.

"Whose in here?" I heard the familiar tone from my head of house.

"P...P...P...Professor..." I started to say but got cut off by my retching.

"Miss Tarrant?"

I groaned in response as I vomited again.

"Are you alright? Did you do this to yourself?"

I pulled the door to the stall toward me and looked up at my potions Professor. I guess that look told him everything because he came over to me and felt my forehead. He sighed and helped me up but I stopped him and turned towards the toilet again letting a stream of sick hit the bowl. When I finally stopped I got up and tried to say something but Snape said something first.

"Miss Tarrant, let's get you back to bed. I'll let you sleep on the sofa in my office so you're closer to the toilet just in case."

"I don't feel so good." I whimpered in response.

"I'll make you an anti-sick potion once I get you settled."

He pushed open the door to his office and helped me to the sofa. I laid down and felt my eyes droop closed. The next thing I knew I was being tapped awake again.

I slowly opened my eyes noticing that it's darker now. Snape looked down at me and helped me sit up. I groaned and wrapped my arms around my sore sick stomach. I felt it twist and turn and I jumped up and bolted to the toilet.  I didn't make into the stall before I got sick for the third time that afternoon.

I heard the door open and tried to scramble to a stall but was stopped by a calloused hand and I knew it was Snape. He just held me until I finished.

"I'd ask you if you felt better but this just gave me the answer." He said as he magically made my puke puddle disappear.

We walked back to his office where he helped me to lay back down and lit the fireplace. I was shivering but never noticed until he started the fire. He handed me the anti-sick potion and a sleeping draught.

I felt even worse the next morning, I was so dizzy but my stomach wasn't letting me rest. I bolted for the toilet again but I didn't even get out of Snape's office before I was puking my guts up again. I had nothing left in my stomach so all I was throwing up was stomach acid. I felt like I was overheating, I whimpered and I guess that made Professor Snape jump, he probably dozed off while caring for me.

"Daria?"

I moaned in response as I felt lousy. I don't remember ever being this sick and it scared me. I was glad that I had such a caring Professor. He came over and helped me up after I stopped being sick. He felt my forehead again, sighed and helped me back to the sofa.

"Daria, we need to get your fever down. It's way too high. Sit up for me please. You need to drink this so you don't get dehydrated."

"No, mom please don't make me! I'll just throw it up again."

"Daria, it's Professor Snape. Sip this please."

"I don't feel so good, Professor."

"I know, love but you need to have something in your stomach even if it's just water."

I moaned because I felt so terrible. I just wanted to go back to sleep but Snape wouldn't let me. He kept insisting that I have a few sips of water and a cracker or 2. I kept shaking my head but managed to drink some water before collapsing. I fell into a restless sleep and started dreaming of being chased by a mysterious dog that looked much bigger than a normal dog.

It was fuelled by my fever but I didn't know that, I thought it was just a normal nightmare. I woke up ith a start and got up suddenly which was bad for my stomach because it started to turn immediately. I ran for the toilet and just made it into the first stall. Snape wasn't far behind me and held my hair until I had stopped vomiting again.

He helped me up and brought me to the hospital wing. I needed something to help me and he couldn't teach class or make potions with me so sick in his office. I had kept him up all night even though I didn't mean to because he was taking care of me. He was doing more than my own father had ever done because he left my mom and I when I was 2.