[PT 1] Approval

December 16th, 2021.

Today Lucy and Emmet were going to Lucy's family home. The couple had met up with each member individually, but this was the first time they were all in one place with Emmet. Because it was the Banks Christmas dinner. The reason why it was so early was due to the fact that some of the siblings were going away for holidays soon.

Emmet was grateful to be invited to it, but he was quite scared, and he was planning to do something that made the whole thing more nerve-wracking.

He was going to ask Lucy's father for permission to propose to her.

He knew it wasn't a requirement, but he wanted to be polite.

Everyone in Lucy's family was quite openly supporting of Lucy's relationship with Emmet, except for one member.

Lucy's father, Anthony.

The three met up with Lucy's mother, Candice, when they went out for lunch in town, Anthony didn't say much, it's not like he disapproved of Emmet, He just didn't have any comments, he was quiet and very intimidating, his body was admittedly in good shape, he had scars all over his arm, it was quite exposed when they first met as he had worn a short sleeved tshirt on the particularly hot day.

Emmet wished he could tell Lucy about his worry, but obviously, he couldn't. As that would spoil everything.

"Ems, you alright? You've been quite jittery and scared ever since we started driving here?" Lucy asked with a concerned tone, looking to his boyfriend as the car stopped at a red light.

"O-Oh I'm fine!" He replied in a tone that he thought was convincing, but Lucy thought otherwise.

"You've met my family before, the only difference is that we're all together. I don't think the attention is gonna be entirely on us anyway, my brother Jai is bringing his boyfriend home for the first time today." The woman in the drivers seat told him, reassuringly holding his hand.

"Thanks Lu...."

"It's alright love."

He smiled, feeling slightly calmer.

Though, he knew it wasn't that simple.

----

The two pulled up nearby the house, walking to the front door, Lucy noticed that Emmet was slightly worried again, but instead of bringing it up, she just held his hand reassuringly and hoped that once everyone had settled down, he'd feel better.

Lucy rung the doorbell and the couple were instantly greeted by Candice.

"Oh, Lucy dear, Hii!" She greeted happily. Candice's hair was awfully similar to Lucy's, it was the same color- though, there were splashes of grey, and she had it in two braids. She was a really friendly person, and sometimes Emmet felt like she was more scared about making an impression then he was.

"Hi, mother." Lucy spoke, Candice then hugging her.

"Oh, and hello Emmet! Let me take those bags for you dear!" Candice greeted, taking the bag full of presents for the family members, and holding it herself, acting like it weighed nothing.

"Hello Candice!" He replied cheerfully.

"Ant! Your daughter and son-in-law is here!" She called out.

"Hm?" He poked his head around the corner.

"Oh"

"Hi Pa!" Lucy joyfully called out, running into the house to hug him.

"Hey" He said to her, hugging her back.