Words

A/N

this took way longer then needed, sorry. Takes place 1 year after tlm1

Despite the literal duplo invasion going on, which was beginning to cause a literal war and apocalypse, Emmet was still quite happy. Most people in town had begun to adjust their lifestyle to what was ahead, hardening their hearts, becoming stronger and always being battle ready. Emmet had tried his hardest to do so, and despite what anyone else in town would say, he thinks he making an improvement. Last week, he managed to actually hit the training dummy without feeling bad!

He couldn't not be happy and outgoing in such a time like everyone else, it didn't matter there was a war, because he had everything else he wanted.

- An actual family.

And part of having an actual family, meant that he had Lucy.

Lucy was unlike anyone else he had met, a rebel who silently roamed the streets of Bricksburg for possibly longer then he had, all of this time, she was right under his nose,, but the wait was certainly worth it.

A lot of his thoughts these days were about her and how he felt. Emmet would spend lots of his time confronting his thoughts and emotions towards things, and it didn't take long for him to know he was romantically attracted to her. Even the way his heart fluttered whenever he saw her was enough to prove it.

But lately, he was thinking about it a bit more.

Love, it was a confusing and unexplored topic to Emmet. The only people he loved before his recent adventure was his parents and Planty.

Though, Emmet couldn't help but think:

Did he love Lucy?

He began thinking about it a few weeks ago, when Unikitty asked him about it, and he just said "Well, I like Lucy a lot! But I guess I'll think about that" and after enough research and late nights overthinking things, Emmet knew without a doubt:

He was in love with her.

Now, the next step: To tell her.

That wasn't as easy.

-----

8:13am, 17th October 2015, Emmet's Apartment.

[incoming call: Lucy 💞💗]

[answering!]

"Hey Lucy! Good morning, is everything alright?" Emmet said, cheerfully greeting his special best friend. It was unlikely for her to call this early though.

"Morning Em. Nah, not much is really happening. I was just bored and didn't have much to do, so I just felt like checking in with you."

His heart bested fast, she wanted to check in with him?

"Eheh, well, I'm feeling great! Don't you have to get ready for work?"

"Nope, got the day off. You do too right, it's Friday isn't it?"

"Mhm! I was probably gonna see if anyone wanted to hang out, the Duplo can wait, right?" Emmet replied, making a small joke at the end, it was like him to act like the Duplo weren't even around. He didn't even consider how the Duplo would affect his possible plans when organizing things.

"What were you thinking of doing?" She asked casually, it sounded like she was making breakfast, Emmet mentally noted for whatever reason.

"Hm, depends who wants to hang out."