Locked Down

A few days later, as I'm laying down, the terrible feeling comes back. I sit up and again try to focus on it, but I can't get anything. It's just a feeling.

I slump out of bed and get dressed, messing up my robes a little. I don't really care though, so I leave it as is and head out for breakfast.

I rub my runny nose and stretch as I walk, realizing I forgot my bracers. Ah, what are the odds I'm gonna have a mission before I can go get them?

I get some food and sit down, rubbing my eyes. I should really tell Master about that feeling, but it can wait until I eat.

"(Y/N)!"

I look over and see Anakin and Master coming towards me.

"Heyo." I wave at them, still half asleep.

"Sorry to interrupt, but finish quickly and meet me at the Barracks. We have another mission, and it's an important one." Farnrik says.

"Alright, is it just us three or is Ahsoka joining?" I ask.

"More than that, we're bringing Holdan and Shineula, and Master Luminara, along with their Padawans." Anakin explains.

"Oh wow, yeah that's a lot." I say, shoveling food into my mouth.

________/____________________

We all walk out from our respective ships, heading towards Anakin. As we walk, I run over everything one more time.

We're here to capture a big Separatist guy, and he's probably got hired help to keep himself safe. They know we're onto them, so it's a race. We've gotta get him before he can escape or we'll likely never have another chance.

It's Jawn, Sylva, Ahsoka, Barriss, and I, along with our masters, and the 501st, with Doydran joining. So we've definitely got this in the bag.

I spot Barriss and wave at her. I've never met her, but Ahsoka said good things about her so she's already a friend in my book.

"You got any crazy plans this time?" I ask as I walk.

Sylva hits my arm. "Don't encourage him."

Jawn walks up beside me. "Well, do ya?"

Sylva sighs.

"No, not this time." He turns to start walking, but looks back at me. "At least not yet."

Farnrik sighs. "Please, don't encourage the boy."

"Wha- I'm not gonna do anything stupid!" I defend.

Barriss giggles. "You are just as Ahsoka described."

"Really? She described me as funny?" I ask, putting a hand on my hip.

"Yeah, she said you're quite goofy." She answers.

My smile drops slightly. Oh I . . I'm just goofy.

"Enough talking." Holdan says from behind us. "Let's go."

"Right!" Jawn and I say. We look at eachother and straighten our backs. Wait- Hey he's getting taller than me! Last minute growing . . .

We all start walking, and I look around. Dead trees and a dark blue sky with black fog. Actually I neglected to figure out what planet we're on but uh . . I guess that can wait. Mmn- and I forgot to tell Master about the feeling. Okay, after this for sure.

We walk for quite a while without talking much, only the occasional "this much farther" and stuff like that.
Eventually we reach a stone building, and quite a large one. "This it?" I ask. "Yep." Farnrik says. "Why here? A stone building doesn't exactly seem . . . Very . . What you'd want in this situation." I ask. "Yeah well, we'll see." Anakin says.

"Alright boys, set the charges!" Rex shouts out. Several clones jog up to the big stone door and plant explosives, then quickly get some distance.

I look over to Master Luminara and clear my throat. "By the way, it's nice to meet you!" She smiles and gives me a "now?" Look. "Indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing Farnrik's Padawan in action, he's said a lot of good things about you."

I smile and puff out my chest. "Well there's not much else to say about me, so-" the explosives go off, and we all immediately snap into battle ready mode.

The door is still standing, so Shineula walks up to it to examine, along with a few clones.

"It's as I thought" She says "It's a lot more than just stone." She ignites her blade and starts slicing through the metal. Farnrik jogs over to help her, and the moment they make an opening a flurry of laser shots zoom at them, and they duck to the side just in time.

3rd Person

"Oh boy . ." Doydran puts his hand to his helmet. "It's gonna be one of these days." The firing stops, and everyone focuses on the hole, guns pointed, lightsabers ready.

Farnrik and Shineula are still on either side of the hole, along with four clones, and they make eye contact and nod. Farnrik readies himself and quickly looks through the hole and ducks back just before he gets hit. "Tons of droids and a few turrets. No surprise our guy is farther in."

"Okay . ." Anakin says. Well need another opening, most of you stay here, Rex, Ahsoka, Doydran, and (Y/N), come with me!" He turns to start running to the side of the building, but an explosion flings him to his back.

"Are there mines?" Jawn asks.

"So close!" Someone says.

"Look!" (Y/N) points to the top of the building, and there's a guy with what looks like some kind of rocket launcher.

Sylva helps Anakin back up, while Jawn starts running for the building. "Looks like we found another way in!"

"Wai-" (Y/N) starts, but he shakes his head and runs after him.

They leap up several small ledges, but there's quite a distance between them and the guy. Without hesitation, Jawn jumps up onto the wall, barely having any grip, and starts climbing. "Okay," (Y/N) says. "This is not a good idea."

Back On The Ground

"Those idiots" Sylva says. "I'm gonna make sure they don't die." She runs after (Y/N) and Jawn.

Shineula tries to move back to the rest of the group, but she's against the wrong side of the wall. If she wanted to get back to them, she'd have to move past the hole. And if she jumped, that guy would probably have a line of sight.

Farnrik gestures at Doydran, who tosses him a popper. He activates it, and the moment there's a break in the fire, he tosses it in. A blast skims his arm. "You okay?" Shineula asks. "Yeah, just a skim." He nods.

Anakin looks between the two groups, and runs over to the three climbing the building, with Rex following.

On The Building

The guy quickly leans over the ledge and shoots a rocket straight at Jawn, but (Y/N) redirects it to the side, heading towards the clones. After a second he pushes it again, heading to the right where nobody is, causing a massive explosion. "Why was that so big-?"

Another shot comes down, but it's not a rocket- it's a bolt. (Y/N) turns and tries his best to block it, but he's too slow. Just before impact, a green blade swooshes past his face, deflecting the blast. Sylva jumps off his shoulder, all the way up to Jawn, who moved to the side to dodge the shot, and jumps off of his shoulder too. She soars up to the roof, doing a little backflip before she lands, and points her blade at the guy, who has armor. Mandalorian armor. "Ah, that's not good."