Possessive Love

What if this whole arranged marriage did not happen?

Would it be the same for us? Will we still end up together?

Kai and I have knew each other since we were little for his dad and mine are bestfriends, my mom and his are also very close friends, even though we don't like each others existence, we were forced to interact. 28 years later and here we are, in this confusing situation where divorce is never an option. I don't know what's wrong with that head of his, I mean I'm not dumb The amount of power and money he has is uncountable making me confused as to why he told me the moment our souls were tied that separation and divorce will never be an option. We both can't stand being in the same room for even thirty minutes but he insist to share the same room with me, his reason was to make this marriage much more believable but I'm dumbfounded thinking our parents were the ones who set this marriage of convenience up, so we don't need to pretend to be in love! like he is so fudging confusing!!

It had been a month now ever since the wedding and I am now adjusting to my new life. We are only doing this so he has a wife to introduce to his business partners and to have a date for every gala and parties that he attends to, and I don't have a choice regarding all of this. Two months to go and all of this is done, I just need to bear a little more.

~~

"Nice to see you again Faith!"

"Oh god Ella! How are you?" I hugged my bestie.

"I am doing fine Mrs. Ruffer, How about you darling?" She smirked with evil in her eyes' peks.

"Don't start." I cut the possible questions because I know her thoughts all too well.

"Did something happen Faye? Did he not confess yet?" I shook my head and chuckled a little bit.

"Ella, what we have is only temporary after all of this is done we will just go back to the way we were before so don't make such silly assumptions. He's still enjoying this situation so I'm not gonna expect something from him when I know too well that he's only kidding."

"Shut that mouth up Faye, Can't you see how obsessed my cousin is to you? How possessive he gets whenever you're talking or interacting with a guy? I even think that you're just saying those bullshit because you're scared and want Kai to woo you or something." I just smirk at her and laugh.

"Elle stop with that shit, it's giving me hope." She chucked but stopped midway thoroughly thinking about something.

"Are you free later honeybee? It's been a while since we had a girl's night out and I missed our gold times." I see it in her eyes that she is planning something evil and when she plans something it's ought to be a wild one.

"No Ella Harrington, I don't like that look on your eyes. I only saw that before when you kicked Megan's ass for flirting with yo' man." Elle loudly laughed at me which I rolled my eyes to.

"Trust me, this night out will let you be stressfree and wild. It's not like Kai and you have a contract which says you can't go on dates right?" Evil is shown in her pupils. Kai and I don't have that kind of contract but even if our marriage was not out of love, I still respect this.

"Stop saying stuffs like that Elle, let's just see each other later. What restaurant anyway?"

"Meet me at Rousiete Resto later." We hugged and did our farewell.

~~

Once I took my shoes off, I got in the shower to cool my head off. I saw a post of some girl curled in Kai's arms smiling pathetically at him but his were just cold. Though we did not have a contract that says no dating/going out with other people, the jealousy in me still burns. Why am I feeling this way, Yes we did do more than what friends was supposed to do but that's just it, what happens inside this bedroom remains in here, nothing more nothing less.