Forgiven

~Your POV~

Zane's standing there, rubbing his arm in discomfort. He can't even look at me.

"Zane?"

He looked startled and then looked away.

"I-I..am sorry..." He choked up.

I could see tears forming in his eye. He looked sad or disappointed. I scoffed in disbelief.

"You're sorry...? I must be the one who's sorry.." I said holding my arm and looking down.

~Zane's POV~

"We went off without any warning. We didn't clean up the mess in the kitchen... We were gone when you tried to find us and we didn't pick up your calls..."She said looking down at the floor.

" Wha?"

This was my time to apologize. Why is she trying to apologize?

"I...the only reason we left was...because something was bothering me..." She confessed.

I kept my eye on her as she began to look more and more upset.

"Y/n I-"

"No. Let me speak first." She said looking directly at me with a sad look on her face.

This broke my heart to see her like this...I didn't mean to be so harsh. Was I harsh?

"We only left because...I kept seeing that person..their glowing green eyes..and stupid laugh...They keep calling me 'tiny'." She said.

My heart palpitated fast. Oh no...

"I saw them down the hallway...near your room. I froze and I...I didn't know what to do.. They've been haunting me...I didn't feel safe as I felt attacked..I screamed for Garroth and heard a crash in the kitchen...He was preparing a picnic for us...I was so afraid that I wanted to leave...I didn't want to think about it. But every time something reminds me of it. Staring at me those stupid green eyes... I...I freeze and remember memories...memories that I'm..unsure are true or not..." She said hugging herself.

"When Garroth went up..I asked him if we could leave. We went to the park and had fun at the arcade and shopped for clothes...I even got you this..."

She rummaged through a paper bag and pulled out a jacket. It had black, muted blue and white stripes on it. She handed it to me and looked down. I looked at the jacket and held it close to me.

"I didn't want you two to come and... Disturb us because... I've always hung out with you two. I never get to spend time with Garroth...I also wanted to gift all of you guys some clothes...even the girls..." She said sitting on her bed.

"I'm sorry we left you two hanging...It was wrong of us to do that... We should've...informed you.." She said wiping a stray tear away.

I looked at her and at the jacket. I placed it on the edge of her bed and sat next to her. She sat silently and was sniffling. The silence was overwhelming us. I don't know how to..ease the situation.

Suddenly, I'm engulfed in a hug.

"Uh-"

I froze and looked to my side to see Y/n hugging me tightly. She was holding on.

"I'm sorry...." She started crying.

"Oh no no no... Don't cry.."

We parted from the hug and I wiped her tears.

"I didn't mean to yell at you... I was just so worried something would happen to you...You're my sister...The only girl we have in the family aside from mom..." I said placing my hand under her chin to look at me.