Chapter 13 - Sorry

Newt's POV

Uhh, would you mind turning around for a second? Raven asked me, obviously embarrassed.

After nodding, I turned around and waited.

Minho, that shank literally ruined her room. Now she had to sleep in my room. Not that I was complaining about that, though.

I liked the talk me and Raven had the other night, but she left so fast. Why did she leave so fast? I think back about it and remember the blood on her sleeve. I was gonna ask her about it later.

Without even thinking a second I turned to look at Raven. It took her long enough already. I saw that she had turned her back against me and she had her shorts on now. She was just standing there, not even putting on her shirt. I noticed her hands running over her legs and stomach. Then she went to get her shirt of the bed. As she bend down I saw that the bones in her back were very visible and that there wasn't much skin around it. Weird.

I turned around again, not wanting to disturb her, and waited until she gave me a sign she was done.

'Sorry it took so long.' She apologized.

'No need to apologize, it's okay.' I smiled. She smiled back but I could tell it wasn't a real one. Her eyes were sad. Something had changed, she seemed sadder then before. She's hiding something.

We both got in our beds. I looked at Raven while she faced the wall, her back towards me.

After a while I felt my eyes slowly drool off, until I heard a small sob. I opened my eyes again and noticed Raven her shoulders shaking.

Is she crying?

I wanted to ask her about it, but thought it wasn't the best idea since it was already late.

I'll ask tomorrow.

~

The next morning I woke up by hearing footsteps.

'Oh hey, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up.' Raven turned around and I saw that she was already dressed.

'Don't worry. I'll see you at breakfast.'

As Raven walked away I changed into my normal clothes and headed to the kitchen. Before grabbing my food I took a quick look and saw Raven sitting at one of the tables. Without food. She leaned her head against her hand and looked at the empty table.

'Hey Fry, could you give me two plates please? One for Raven and one for me.' I asked Frypan.

'Yeah of course, here ya go.' He handed me the plates.

'Thanks.' I walked to Raven.

Raven looked up when she saw that someone had joined her.

'Oh, thanks.' She gave me a fake smile as I handed her the plate

I noticed that Raven was pricking in her food with her fork.

'Eat.' I said.

'What?' She asked me slightly confused.

'Eat.' I repeated.

'Not hung-.

'Eat.' I repeated once again.