Chapter 14 - New greenie

Raven's POV

It's been around twelve days since I told Newt about everything and I was doing a lot better now.

There would be a new greenie this day and my room was almost fixed, Gally said I would have to wait for a few more days.

~

I heard the loud alarm coming from the Box and ran towards it. Newt and Minho were already standing around the box. After a while the alarm had stopped and Gally and Newt opened the box. There was boy in the box. He looked very young, maybe thirteen. He had brown curls and he was a little chubby.
He sat in the corner of the box looking afraid.

Gally helped him out. After a while the boy was out for the box with the same afraid look.

'Hey, my name's Alby.' Alby spoke softly, probably because the boy was so young. 'Can you tell me yours?'

'C-Chuck.' The boy, Chuck, said unsure.

'Hey, Chuck. Welcome to the glade. This here is Raven, she will be giving you a tour today.' Alby pointed at me.

'Hey.' I walked over to them and gave Chuck a smile. 'Follow me.'

We walked around the Glade and I explained Chuck everything. He asked a lot of questions, literally a lot. Was I like this too? Chuck seems like a nice kid though, like a little brother.

When we were done with the tour it was almost dinner time. Chuck followed me and we got some food.

'You can sit with me.' I smiled at Chuck.

We joined Newt who was already sitting at a table.

'Hey, Greenie.' Newt said while Chuck sat down.

'Hi.' He said a little shyly.

'Did Raven treat you right?' Newt asked jokingly.

'Yeah, way better then you did when I was the greenie.' I said laughing.

'Hey, guys.' Minho joined us. 'Hey, Greenie.'

We ate our food and Chuck continued asking a lot of questions.

When we were done eating Alby took Chuck with him.

'Damn, did I ask so many questions?' I sighed.

'Even more.' Minho replied.

'Yeah, yeah, totally.' I looked at him.

We sat down talking for a while and then I decided I would go to bed. I said goodbye to Newt and Minho and walked to Newt's room.
I changed into my pyjamas and got in my bed.

~

'Wake up, Raven.'

I opened my eyes and saw Newt hanging above me. His beautiful brown eyes stared into mine.

'Morning.' I said while stretching. Newt told me he would see me at breakfast and walked away so I could get dressed. I put on my runner clothes and made a high ponytail in my hair.

Minho and Newt were already eating and I sat down next to Minho.

'Hey, Greenie.' Minho said.

'Hey! I'm not te Greenie anymore, so you can't call me that!' I looked over at Minho.

'Alright, Shortie.' He smirked.

'Are you seriously gonna call me that now?' I sighed.

Well, since you seem annoyed by it, yes, I will call you that.'

'I'm not even that short.'

'Yes, you are.'

Me and Minho continued arguing for a while and finished our food. Newt didn't seem that happy.

'You okay Newt?' I asked concerned.

'Yeah.' He clenched his jaw and got up. 'I'll see you two at dinner.' He walked away.

Minho looked at me and smirked.

'What?' I asked when I saw the smirk on his face.

'Nothing.' He got up. We walked towards the maze and ran in.

'See you soon, Shortie!' He shouted before going a different way then me.

I ran scanning the maze, but nothing seemed different. I ate my lunch and ran back. I was almost there, just twenty more minutes.

Then I bumped into someone. It was Minho.

'Hey! Watch out!' I said.

'Sorry, I didn't see you because you're so short.' He said proudly.

'Haha so funny, now let's just get back before those doors close.'

We ran back together. We mapped everything in the map room and went to get dinner. We saw Newt and Chuck sitting at a table and we joined them.

'Hey guys!' Chuck said excited. He seemed a lot more confident now.

'Hey Chuck!' I sat down next to him.

'Hey, shank.' Minho patted Newt on his back and also sat down.

'Hey, find anything today?' Newt asked.

'No. Just a shank bumping into me.' I said.

Chuck and Newt seemed confused so I explained that we bumped into each other. Newt's face grew dark for a second after he heard the whole story, but then he looked normal again.

'How'd you like it in the Glade, Chuck?' I asked while eating.

'It's alright.' He answered.

'You're right.' I replied with a smile.

'Wait, did we have a bonfire last night?' I asked.

'Nope.' Minho answered.

'Why not? Chuck is the new Greenie!'

'Because he was sitting in the Slammer clunking his pants.' Minho chuckled.

'Minho!' I shouted. 'It's okay Chuck,' I turned to Chuck. 'We were all scared.'

'I wasn't.' Minho said.

'Yeah, of course you weren't, you only cared for your hair gel.' I rolled my eyes and jokingly pushed Minho.

'Yeah, other wise I wouldn't look so hot.' Minho ran a hand trough his hair.

'We'll do Chuck's bonfire tomorrow.' Alby walked by.

'Great!' I replied excited. I really liked the bonfires.

~

We talked for a while after dinner and I went to bed, Newt followed me. He hadn't said much that day and seemed a little angry.

I pulled my sheets over me and Newt put out most of the candles except one, so we could still see something.

'Hey Raven?'

'Yeah?' I replied.

'Do you like Minho?' He suddenly asked.

I liked Minho, but just as a friend and nothing more. Did I have the same thing with Newt, or did I like him even more? I wondered.

'Yeah, I like him.' I finally said.

'Actually like-like him.' Newt asked, unsure.

'No, I only like him as a friend.'

Why is Newt asking me this?

'Okay great. Night.' He turned around and didn't say anything else.

'Night, Newt.' I said as I closed my eyes.