Chapter 21 - Trapped

Newt's POV

Raven seemed a little off today. After she joined us for breakfast Minho had to call her three times before she responded. She was very quiet and quickly left to go to the maze. What is going on? Is she mad at me? She didn't talk about the kiss to me. Did she even want to kiss me?

'I'm going, bye man.' Minho got up and walked away to the maze Doors.

'Bye.' I said. I finished my own food and went to do some work in the gardens.

~

It was in the afternoon and the Runners would be back soon. I was planning to talk to Raven and see if she was okay.
I continued working in the gardens for an hour or so when I saw Ben jogging out of the maze. I focused on the plants again and weeded some of them.

A while later I also saw Minho running out of the maze. Not even five minutes later two boys also got out of the maze, but no Raven.
I was getting slightly worried, but I let go of it. The doors would close in thirty minutes so she would be on time. She has to.

I worked for another 10 minutes but I just couldn't stop worrying. I walked to the map room and saw Minho standing there.

'Is Raven back?' I asked.

'No, I don't think so.'

'Shuck.' I mumbled.

'Newt, don't worry about it. I'm sure she'll be back.'

I nodded but wasn't convinced. I left the map room and walked to the doors. I just stood there and after ten minutes I heard someone walking towards me. I turned my head and saw Chuck.

'Hey, what are you doing?' He asked.

'Waiting for Raven.' I replied.

'Isn't she back yet?' Chuck asked surprised.

I shaked my head and looked in the maze again, but no one was there.

'Come on.' I mumbled and started tapping with my foot.

After a few minutes I was getting really worried.

'Can't we send a Runner into the maze?' Chuck asked.

'No. She'll make it.' Minho said who apparently was standing next to me.

'I can't just wait here! What if something happened?' I raised my voice.

'We can't risk it. The doors will close in three minutes and we don't want to lose anyone.'

Three minutes.

I was panicking and couldn't hear what Chuck and Minho were saying.

Two minutes.

Come on. She has to make it.

One minute.

'Shuck.' I mumbled. The time seemed to go in slowmotion. I really wanted to just run into the maze. I felt a little wind in my face and felt the ground under me shake. The big walls slowly started to close and there was still no Raven.