Chapter 10: Pecks

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ Taehyung's POV ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

We came home. I placed Taehee on my bed. A doctor was already waiting for us. I sent all the guards out of the room. The doctor took some time. Then, she turned towards me.

"Sir, the bullet hit her arm. The impact has resulted in shattering of her bone. I have put a plaster. It will take a month or two to recover. No heavy objects should be lifted. Right now, she is unconscious. It might hurt when she regains consciousness. I have kept the essential medicines on the table. Here, this is SOS capsule. If she experiences severe pain, just take this after consuming large amount of fats. If the pain still wouldn't subside, you should consult a doctor. So, I have also written my number on the paper on the table beside the bed. Now, please excuse me."

"Thank you."

The doctor bowed and I did the same. She left the room, leaving me alone with Taehee. I looked at her, laying on the bed.

Did you do this just to save me?

Why are you doing this to me?

Why are you doing this to my heart?

I went near Taehee. I got inside the blanket. I hugged her carefully, making sure not to touch her fractured arm. I looked at her closed eyes. I started kissing her entire face, multiple times.

"Taehee, I know I should have accepted this earlier. But, I love you." Tears rolled down my face.

I stared at Taehee's lips. I went closer. The heat within me increased. I attached my lips with hers. I felt her marshmallow-like-lips. My body was on fire. I was not kissing her. I just had my lips on hers.

She started moving a little. I sat up and looked at her. She opened her eyes. As soon as she saw me, she sat up as well in a hurried manner. She started checking me everywhere.

"Tae?"

I was very relieved to hear Taehee's voice again.

"Taehee, are you okay?"

"Shut up, are YOU okay?"

"I am okay."

"Oh god, thank you!"

Taehee hugged me tightly. She said she was also fine. Her mouth was near my ear. I could hear her uneven breathing. We were so close to each other that I could even feel her heart beat.

"I was so scared. They had a gun pointing at you. My mind went blank for some time. That was the only way I could have saved you."

"You could have died."

"That is not important. You are okay. That is what matters the most, right now."

"Please don't do anything like that ever again. You shattered your bone."

Taehee giggled. She was trying to act cool and hide that she was still a little shocked and scared by what had happened. In fact, I could literally feel her shaking. But just because she wanted to show she was strong, even I didn't mention anything and played along.

She hugged me very tightly. It seemed as if she was scared to lose me. Which, no doubt, felt very good. My arms were around her waist as if they were ropes. I made small circles on her skin with my thumb. After sometime, she started to relax.

All this time, the locket was in between us. It was very much noticeable. But none of us gave a fuck about it. All we wanted to do was, make sure the other person was okay.

(●♡∀♡)

.

.

.

.

.

(A/n: My favourite chapter so far. <3<3<3)