CHAPTER ONE - FIRST MEETING

[ Y/N'S POV]
You're name is Y/N L/N, you have been working at a monster-hunting viewing thingy museum for almost about 2 years. You was deemed by a very great employee there, increasing the company's value. Most people admired your work when it came to monster hunting, catching from the smallest monsters to humongous ones. And in exchange, you could get like, $30 a week!

Life was perfect!

Until, people stopped showing up.

Just in a few months, less and less people we're showing up, and you were getting a little less money.

Employees would quit or get fired for about the sudden loss of money and go back home and find a new job.

Once this happened, you didn't have enough money to pay the bills in your house.

If only you could just find a bigger monster, things would go back to normal-

*RING, RING!*

You jump at the noise of your phone ringing, almost falling off your couch.

You hesitantly pick up the phone and put it towards your ear.
Y/N: "H-Hello? Y/N here."

"Hey there, old friend!" A scratchy energetic voice popped out from the phone.

Wait, you know that voice!

Y/N: "E-Eugene?? Is that you??" You grabbed the phone tightly, eyes widening in shock.

E: "Yeah, it's me, I heard that your little job has been goin' down all the way from here."

You sigh.
Y/N: "Yeah, it's been going pretty bad lately, I'm thinking of quitting myself, and go do a different job, maybe work at some fast food job."

"Oh no, I think that little ol' me here is gonna save your business's life!"

You raise an eyebrow at that.
Y/N: "Oh, how so?"

E: "Listen, there's a monster creating a huge racket in my island, we call 'im Charles. Your gonna have ta be working yer' butt off, because this thing is BIG! I'm talkin' real big. This thing would kill all my friends, even my son if he isn't careful enough! I need you to take this thing down, an' show it off in that museum! People would be coming in left and right! Plus point, you can help an' old friend!"

You start thinking about this situation, Eugene is your friend, but this whole monster thing...
What does he mean about big? Does he mean bigger than 3 buildings?

...

"Alright Eugene, just tell me what island are you on again?"

E: "I'm on Aranearum, I'll row to where your at and we can get things started!"

Y/N: "Alright Eugene, I'll be at the docks shortly, I'll see you soon!"

You hanged up and was squealing with joy.
People will finally come back to this museum again and get your money back!

You can't wait to see the look on the visitors and your boss's faces!

(Time skipping to where Eugene is rowing you to Aranearum)

The both of you were sitting awkwardly in the seats of the boat. You kept your eyes focused on the water, mentally yelling at yourself to create w conversation.