PICKLES PICKLES PICK PIC PICKLES - CHAPTER 5

(kinda the chapter you guys been waitin for-)

(Since some of y'all [LIVE LAUGH LOVE] the Pickle Lady sm, this chapter will be focused on the canon mission in the game!)

(this is kinda more of a short story then anything and i fricken thought yesterday was friday-)

...this mission was weird.

You were chugging along in your now upgraded train, looking to find some more scraps until you heard a lady crying in a house.

You went in to see what was the matter, your concern etched on your face. For some odd reason, she can't seem to find her pickles anywhere and asked you to find it.

... really? For some pickles?

Well, I mean, she did promise a good amount of scraps if you fetch one in this cave.

So, you quickly went inside the cave, took some scraps in the meanwhile, and you finally found the pickles! Yay!...

By the time you walk out, you heard that familiar sound of a train whistle in the distance.

You smile happily and look over to your side to see Charles himself chugging towards you, his blank eyes showing happiness and affection.

"Hey, Charles," you affectionately pet him once he was within reach, earning a loud purr from him. But,  he suddenly stops and stares straight at your hands, staring at the jar of pickles.

"...what?" You raised an eyebrow and put the jar of pickles up to his face, wanting to see his reaction. "Do you like pickles, Charles??"

Charles looks at the jar of pickles for a moment and leaned in to sniff it.

Then, he recoils away from it, his face scrunching up in disgust and dissatisfaction. It almost made you snicker.

A demon giga spider train? Disgusted by pickles??

I mean, sure, he's a carnivore, so he would definitely not accept any greens or anything, but, it's funny to see something so big be so dissatisfied with something so small.

"Charles, it's just pickles," you said with amusement in your voice, holding it back up his face.

Charles growls and, ever so gently, pushes the jar of pickles from his face with one of his legs, glancing at the jar and you.

You sigh in defeat, moving the jar away from his face. "Alright, alright, Charles. I was supposed to return this back to someone anyway." You said before walking over to your train.

Charles, being the clingy monster he was, followed right behind you, while looking at you with his usual wide grin.

You turn to look at him, a bit of a frown on your face. "Oh, Charles, you can't come with me. She'll probably be horrified to see you."

Charles gives you one of those puppy dog eyes, a small whine coming from him. He leans down to your height and huffed, pressing his face against you.

"I know, I'm sorryyyy-" You pet both sides of his face with a bigger frown on your face. "I'll probably come back later, I swear."

You climb onto the train and pull on the throttle, ready to start going back to that lady's house before Charles suddenly stands in front of the train and blocks your way, huffing.

...this is gonna take a while...

-------------------
7 minutes later...
-

------------------

"Soo??? Did you get my pickles????" The Pickle Lady asks you with excitement in her eyes, her hands flapping up and down excitedly.

You stare at her with an irritated look, your face littered with small scratches and dirt, all from Charles. How? By trying to push him away from the tracks of course. But with some difficulties.

And by some, I mean a lot.

You had the jar of pickles at your hip, so you passed it over to her. "Here. Now, can I get my scraps please?"

"Of course!" The Pickle Lady gives you about 30 scrap metal, a small "thanks" coming from you. "Y'know, I really want to thank you for getting my precious pickles! You're my pickle hero!" She says with another wide smile, making you smile awkwardly.

"Yeah, pickle hero... a- anyways, I gotta go back to my train.." You quickly waddle over back to your train and almost nearly knocked your head on one of the walls of it.

You look over to see Charles staring at you at the rear view of the train, giving you the most smug grin you've seen him make.

"... you're a damn pain in my ass."

(we only have like, three chapters left + a bonus chapter since i accidentally thought that yesterday was saturday :33)

WORDS: 760