Chapter 5

Juvia's POV

I wake up to warmth. I see a jacket on me that's not mine. I look around to see Lyon-sama sitting across from me. I sigh. I'm not sure what my feelings are for him, but I do know that I still like Gray-sama. I might not love him anymore, but I still like him.
I got so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice that Lyon got up and sat next to me.
"So what's our job?" he asks. How rude of him to assume that he can follow me and do the job together. I did this to get away from him!
"JUVIA'S job is to stop a mermaid. LYON-SAMA'S job will be going home!" I yell at him. I think my yelling shocks him because his eyes widen.
Then his face goes blank and he says,"No can do. I'm staying with you whether you like it or not." He's frustrating me! I guess there's no point in arguing with him....
"Fine." I say and turn towards the window looking away from him.
After taking another short nap, we were at our destination. Lyon-sama and I get out of the train. We walk out and head off to see the mayor. Before we get there, Lyon-sama hears some singing. I don't hear it, but I follow him to see where he's going. He stopped walking when we reach the lake.

"Lyon-sama? What are you doing?" I ask.

He ignores me and starts walking into the water. If he walks any further, he'll drown! I start running to him and grab his arm.

"Lyon-sama what's wrong with you? Stop walking into the water!" I yell.

Then I look up to see a mermaid up on a rock. Except she's no mermaid, she's a siren! She lures men into the water with her voice until they drown. She looks at me and stops singing. She jumps into the water, and I stand in front of Lyon. She comes up right in front of me and tries to use water magic against me. Of course that doesn't work because I'm a water mage. That also means that my powers are useless against her because she has the same powers. This will be hand to hand combat.

She lunges at me and scratches me down my chest. I punch her, and she screams. Ringing starts in my ears, but I won't give up. She uppercuts me and I fall into the water. I get up spitting out blood and water. Then I do the same to her. Then I roundhouse kick her face and blood starts pouring down her chin. Finally she hits me so hard that I actually fly out of the water and hit a tree. My breath is knocked out of me, and I start to blackout.....