Chapter 14

Lyon's POV

It's about fifteen minutes until sunset. I wait outside the guild hall, waiting for Gray. Loud clanging and yelling comes out of the guild and I laugh, classic Fairytail.

Someone taps my shoulder and I see Gray. He looks furious, this should be an interesting fight. Juvia comes running out of the guild hall, and it appears that the rest of the guild came to watch as well. Even Master Makarov came to observe Gray and I battle.

Erza is holding Natsu back by his collar and he yells,"Come on, let me go! I want to join in the fun!"
Erza gives him a death glare and says,"No, they have to settle this on their own."

I look back over at Gray and he's staring me down. He smirks at me and says,"It looks like everyone came to watch me win."

I say,"In your dreams." We both glare at eachother and throw our shirts off. I get into position and yell,"Ice Make: Gorilla!" Gray then yells,"Ice Make: Sword!"

Gray attacks the gorilla and splits it into pieces with his sword. Then, he charges at me with his sword and I quickly yell,"Ice Make: Dragon!"

A large serpent made of ice appears before Gray and I smirk. Gray narrows his eyes at me and takes a few swings at my dragon. He seems frustrated and jumps on my dragon's back. He points his sword to the sky and brings it down on the dragon. I yell,"Ice Make: Crocodile, Ice Make: Bear, and Ice Make: a flock of hawks!"

Both the dragon and sword shatter, which is rather unfortunate because I enjoyed seeing Gray struggle. The other creatures charge towards him and he yells,"Ice Make: lance!" He crushes the creatures and a mix of cheering and booing comes from,the now large, crowd observing us. I guess some people are on both of our sides.

Gray runs towards me and punches my face. He must want hand to hand combat with no use of magic. I rub my face and then use this distraction to knee him, where the sun doesn't shine. Gray topples over and looks at me with hatred.

"Ice Make: Giant Eagle!" I yell and a large eagle starts to attack Gray. Gray falls over into the ground completely and slowly gets up. He slowly laughs and says,"Is that all you've got?"

Suddenly, I'm knocked over and a sharp pain rises to my chest. I look down and see Gray standing on me with a foot propped on my chest. He continually kicks my chest, knocking the breath out of me. I start coughing and try to get up or use my magic energy.

Unfortunately, it seems I'm out of magic energy. I grab his foot and throw him off of me. I get up slowly and cough, blood spurting from my mouth. I wipe the blood off and mock him saying,"Is that all?"

He growls at me and says,"Ice Make: Storm!" A large force knocks me down and I struggle to get up. The force pushes me down even harder. What the hell? Did he use the rest of his magic power in one hit?

I look up at the crowd, which went silent. I see Juvia watching with tears streaming down her face. Then something just sparked inside of me. My determination, my strength, my power is my love for her.

I use that newfound strength and get up to my feet, despite the still raging storm. I limp towards Gray, and I cough up even more blood. It's all hand to hand, no magic now. I throw punches to Gray's lower abdomen but he's quicker than me. His foot hits the side of my face and I shake off the shock of the impact.

I take his head and slam it against my knee. He groans and slams his fist into my nose and something cracks. My nose starts bleeding and I cough up even more blood. At this rate, I'll die of blood loss. I throw another punch but he dodges it.

Everything seems to get dimmer and darkness slowly takes over. I fall to the ground, defeated.