Chapter 16

Lyon's POV

My whole body aches and my head is pounding. My eyes slowly open and I adjust to the lighting in the room. I try to move to my side but something is there. I look down and see someone resting on me. Juvia? She waited for me?

I brush hair out of her face and she starts to stir. I must have woke her up. She wrinkles her nose and looks up. She registers that I am awake and she smiles. "Juvia is glad to see Lyon-sama is awake. Lyon-sama was only out for half a day."

I look at her and can't help but smile. She spent that time with ME, not Gray. However, Gray won the battle so I guess Juvia is all his now.

"I hope you and Gray are happy together." I say. She looks at me puzzled and scoffs."That fight did not determine who Juvia's heart belonged to. Only Juvia decides that."

"What is your decision?" I ask but before she answers, I mumble,"Probably your precious Gray-sama."

Juvia ignores what I mumbled and says,"After the fight, Juvia could only think of one person, Lyon-sama. Juvia was up for hours thinking about it and decided that Lyon-sama is the only person who can make Juvia happy."

She smiles and looks at me expectantly, while I try to register what she just said. I can only make her happy? Does that mean-?

"What do you mean, Juvia?" I ask her.
She laughs and says,"Juvia's heart belongs to Lyon-sama. Juvia chooses you, baka."

I look at her in shock and take her face in my hands. I lightly kiss her and rest my forehead on hers.

"My heart has always belonged to you." I say. She looks up at me and I take her hand in mine.

I may not have won the fight but I got something much better. I won Juvia's heart.