Dance Off

The next morning as Alexis is coming out of the barn she sees Ferdinand hit a water barrel head on and get his horns stuck in it.

"Ferdinand are you okay?" Alexis asks as she goes over to Ferdinand.

"Yeah. I'm good. Oh no." Ferdinand says as he gets his horn out of the barrel and goes over to a bunny on the ground before pressing it's stomach with his hooves telling it to come back with the others watching as the bunny jumps up before jumping into it's hole and throwing a carrot at Ferdinand causing Valiente to laugh before walking off.

"Don't worry about him Ferdinand. He just likes to get under people's skin." Alexis says as she goes over to Ferdinand.

"Yeah. I know. He's been like that since we were kids." Ferdinand says.

"I think it was sweet that you tried to avoid that bunny like that. Not many would do that." Alexis says as Ferdinand blushes slightly.

"Well uh I'm not like most bulls." Ferdinand says shyly.

"I can tell." Alexis says as she chuckles slightly before going over to the water trough and begins to drink the water.

"Well if it isn't the stinky cow girl." A male voice says revealing to be the grey horse as he and the two other horses come over.

"Shove off. I'm not in the mood to deal with you three today." Alexis says as she looks at the horses.

"She's got some fight in her. Don't know why the humans think a creature like her is pretty enough to do shows." The white horse with a grey mane says.

"We horses are of the most beautiful creatures. She's just a wanna be." The female horse says.

"I said beat it!" Alexis says angrily as the horses laugh and walk off before Angus comes over as Alexis goes back to drinking.

"Well hello dear. Glad to see you awake finally. Not sleep well? You're usually the first one up." Angus says.

"Oh hey Angus. Yeah I didn't- Whoa. What happened to your hair?" Alexis asks as she looks up at Angus seeing he has a cow lick in his hair so he can now see.

"Ferdinand did it. He gave me a fighting chance. I can finally see the beauty of things. I can also see why the other bulls fancy you so much. You're beautiful." Angus says as Alexis smiles.

"Thank you but you know there are more beautiful things to see off this farm. Wish I could show you them. You'd like them." Alexis says.

"Maybe one day you can lass." Angus says as Alexis smiles softly before hearing the horses laughing.

"Oh no. Ferdinand just got into to it with those over sized donkeys." Alexis says as she sees Ferdinand dancing against the horses.

"I think I'm gonna go join him lass. Three against one is hardly fair." Angus says as he goes over and joins Ferdinand in dancing before the two are soon joined in by Maquina and Bones as the four beat the horses in a dance off while the horses get zapped by the electric fence before Alexis comes over.

"I've fallen and I can't gitty up." The grey horse says.

"Serves you right." Alexis says as she smiles and laughs causing Ferdinand to smile as she smiles at him.

"We did it lads." Angus says as he and the bulls celebrate while the horses get up.

"That's right cause we're bulls. Go on horses prance cause you can't dance." Bones says as the horses leave while Alexis and the bulls are laughing as they walk over to the water trough.

"Why didn't we do that sooner? It felt good to put those show ponies in their place." Angus says happily as he is smiling.

"I haven't laughed like that since ever!" Bones says as Maquina comes over.

"Maquina! Are you smiling?" Ferdinand asks as Maquina is smiling.

"That's what it is! A smile!" Bones says happily as he and the others laugh.

"Laugh your way right into the chophouse. That's where you're headed." Valiente says as he comes over causing Maquina to stop smiling.

"No! No. Not if we get out of here guys. There are places where you don't get pushed around or shipped to a chophouse for being yourself." Ferdinand says as everyone looks at him.

"If it's so great out there why did they send you back here? Same with Alexis. What if her owners let her get loose and knew she was brought here but decided to leave her here? They won't come for her or you because people don't care. We only have one purpose." Valiente says as Alexis looks at him causing Bones to step in front of her slightly.

"Valiente lay off Alexis. But he does have a point. Why did they send you back here Ferdinand?" Bones asks as he looks at Ferdinand.

"Because-" Ferdinand then gets cut off by Valiente.

"Because you're a bull and she's a calf breeder. That's all she and we'll ever be. You think you're different but you're not. Our only way out is to beat the matador in the ring and that's what I'm gonna do. But by all means ballerinas keep dancing. Tomorrow I'll be on the winner's truck." Valiente says as a truck arrives before he walks off.

"Don't listen to him guys." Ferdinand says as he looks at the others.

"He's right. We're bulls. This is the only place for us." Angus says.

"Sorry Ferd. I gotta get back to training. You should too." Bones says as he, Maquina and Angus walk off.

"Alexis?" Ferdinand asks as he looks at Alexis.

"Sorry Ferdinand. I would rather be alone for right now." Alexis says as she walks off.