Part Two: Chapter Eleven

Puss and Kitty both froze. This hadn't been the plan. Why had Carnage taken her own life? Who was this master that was so feared?

Their answer came before long. A tall man stepped out from behind a curtain. His face was concealed with a mask similar to Carnage's. "So," he said. His voice was heavily distorted. "She's dead."

Puss faced him with only anger blazing in his heart. "Who are you?"

"Throughout my lifetime of thousands of years, I have taken many forms." He paced back and forth. He didn't seem like anybody familiar.

"I have time-traveled throughout history, and I have seen the past, the present, and the future. Speaking of which, there is a very wise man I encountered in my travels. He goes by the name of Adolf Hitler." Puss had no idea what he was talking about, but he was sure it wasn't good.

"Señor Hitler, in his lifetime, fought to exterminate the scum that plagues the Earth. I took a leaf from his book and decided to use his war tactics. All of you rebels are filth, and it's my job to make sure your legacy dies with you. Welcome, Puss in Boots, to the Era de la Aniquilación."

He glanced around the room. "Sheevra, where is the ogre?"

"In the dungeons, my king," she replied.

"Bring him up here. I want all of them to be executed at the same time."

The sheevra hurried off quickly.

"Now," the Master continued, "you're probably wondering who I am." He took off the mask. Puss gasped in horror. It was Jack, the man he had shared the prison cell with in San Ricardo.

"I see your surprise; however this is not my true form." He transformed again.

Kitty screamed. It was Señor Julio.

"You were such a sweet little kitten. Shame, really, about your claws." Kitty struggled in her chains.

"IT WAS YOU! THE WHOLE TIME! YOU MIERDA MALVADA!"

Shrek was shoved in and kicked down next to Puss and Kitty.

"And lastly," the master said, "I was the one you mocked. The one that annoyed you. The one that you would least expect to be a villain."

The master became his true self. Puss, Shrek, and Kitty's mouths all dropped in unison.