Part Two: Chapter Thirteen

Donkey grinned maliciously. "Yes, let your terror fuel you. Did you really think it was me that died?"

Puss was frozen in place. "If you weren't the one that died, who did?"

"A hologram. I'm surprised, really, you couldn't tell the difference. That means I did my job well. You see, I have visited almost every time period that has and will ever exist. I stole blueprints for advanced technology, then I came back here with the materials and used them to fuel my empire."

He walked over to Kitty and touched her face with a hoof. "So innocent; so gullible." Puss tried to punch him, but failed.

"Get your hands off my wife, maldito burro," he snarled. Donkey knocked Puss over and planted his front hoof in the side of his head.

"Listen to me, Puss. You're not in charge here. You think you have any power? You, Kitty, and Shrek are all going to fall at my feet, so no me jodas, or your death will be slower." He picked up the gun of the guard Carnage had murdered. "Which one of you is first?" He turned to Kitty.

"Now, Puss, you are going to witness the death of the one you love most." He pointed the gun at her. Puss couldn't move and was forced to watch.

He shot her in the chest, and Puss felt her blood on his fur. He succumbed to darkness.