Epilogue

Shrek was buried two days later in the forest outside his swamp. For an ogre, one of the most unpopular species of creatures in the whole world, hundreds of people and various mythical beings (including two anthropomorphic cats) showed up for the funeral. Shrek's kids, who had escaped the explosion that had demolished the swamp, were carrying serious grief, but by now they were old enough to know that both of their parents had died heroes. After a silent prayer, Puss walked up to the dreary podium to give his speech. He cleared his throat, paused for a moment, and then began.

"Shrek was unlike any other I have ever met. He had a great personality, and his spirit lit up the room. And even though he had a temper and some people didn't care for him, he was special. I dedicate this speech to him, a hero, and to all the other brave individuals who perished fighting for my country. I am forever grateful." He stepped down and rejoined Kitty and Maria in the crowd. There was a multitude of polite clapping, and Puss grinned sadly. He looked at Kitty, and then down at the ground. Kitty put her hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay, mi amor," she reassured him. "I know you miss him. We all do." Kitty's calm words and beautiful voice made him feel better. The crowd started to dissipate, and Puss and Kitty got up from their seats and went over to the grave.

Again, there was silence from both of them. They just stood there, and then Kitty rested her head on Puss and they walked off as the sun set.

They had won. 

Author's Note: That's Book One! Hope you enjoyed, and many thanks to everybody that's joined me in this adventure! 

Book Two coming Summer/Fall 2023