Silentmoon's Adventure Ch.7

When Nightwing walked into the Medicine cat den, she saw Silentmoon laying down on the floor. Silentmoon asked her, worry thick in his voice, "Are you ok?"

She looked surprised, and a little angry when she meowed "Am i ok? Really? Look at yourself you should be asking yourself that!" But no matter how angry she tried to sound she could not help being purely worried for him. She ran up to him and pushed her muzzle into his neck fur, then she quietly wailed "I thought you were dead you stupid furball!"

Silentmoon put rested his muzzle between her ears, and said "I would never die as long as you are with me." Silentmoon couldn't help letting out a purr. Silentmoon wished that they could be like this forever, but he knew that he had to return to his duties.

When Nightwing moved back Silentmoon tried to stand up and Nightwing offered for him to lean on her shoulder so that they could exit the Medicine cat den.

When they left the den the clearing was full of cats waiting for him to exit. All around him there were cheers. Silentmoon thought that he was going to get consumed by their voices.

Russetstar silenced them all and beaconed Silentmoon to her den so that he could report what happened. Silentmoon explained quickly what happened. That Nightwing and Silentmoon were going to go hunting when a fox appeared out of nowhere and attacked them. Nightwing was knocked unconscious during the fight and Silentmoon killed it to save her.

When Silentmoon finished explaining Russetstar looked at him and said "Hmm... A fox hasn't attacked full grown cats in a while. So why now?" her voice trailed off as if in distant memory. Silentmoon was lost in memories as well, he remembered when the camp was attacked by many foxes. Cats died that day... Even Silentmoon's mother and father died that day. Silentmoon was Silentpaw then, and Russetstar was Russetstripe.

(This is going to be a flashback for those who don't understand) Seasons ago during a very cold and hungry leaf-bare when Silentmoon was an apprentice. He was in camp changing the elders bedding when an overwhelming scent flooded his nostrils. He quickly identified it because his mentor taught him what it smelled like. Almost as soon as he smelled it he heard shrieking throughout the camp. He quickly ran out of the elders den and saw the camp was filled with foxes. He stared in horror as he looked at the traumatizing sight of foxes tearing apart his clanmates. He saw his mentor fighting fiercely beside the clan leader slashing at a fox three times their size. He quickly located his parents fighting side by side. He was quickly relieved, but almost as soon as he felt calmer Silentpaw gasped in horror as he saw his father ripped apart by another fox. When his mother saw Silentpaw's father could swear he heard her heart break. While his mother is distracted another fox tears her head off and starts eating her. Silentpaw thought he couldn't bear watching this and started to collapse to his side.

When he woke up... He saw his parents along with three other cats dead and ripped apart... The clearing was coated with frozen blood. He looked around fearfully to see if the foxes were still around. When he sees they aren't he curls up into a ball and wails the loudest wail anyone has ever heard. Russetstripe padded up to Silentpaw and presses her tail to his shoulder to calm him. After a few moments he stopped wailing and looked up at Russetstripe. Silentpaw knew that he would never see his parents again... One of the three other cats that died was his sister, Grasspaw. Russetstripe saw pure devastation in Silentpaw's eyes.

Russetstripe asked Silentpaw "Do you want to help bury them?"

Almost as soon as she asked him that Russetstripe saw a blaze of anger in Silentpaw's eyes and he growled his reply "I never want to see anything again." Then Silentpaw ran across the frozen blood clearing and charged out of the camp and through the forest. Silentpaw hasn't been out of camp much so he doesn't know the pine forest very well.

What he sees when he stopped takes Silentpaw by surprise. He sees a lake, frozen to the last drop of water, during the most beautiful sunset the young apprentice has ever seen. Silentpaw instantly forgets the devastation back in camp. His head is filled with the glorious sight of the frozen lake. He didn't even notice that while he was in awe, Russetstripe pads up to Silentpaw and sits close to him.

Russetstripe is the first one to break the silence and says "Its amazing isn't it, how fast one can forget a travesty like this."

Silentpaw doesn't respond to the comment, he just keeps staring at the frozen lake. They continue the silence for a while longer, when Silentpaw stops looking at the lake it is night time. He looks at Russetstripe and she is curled up with her tail over her nose to keep it warm. Silentpaw quickly feels the wariness over taking his body and quickly lays down and lets the sleep pull him into a dream.

In his dream he is surprised to see not a nightmare, but instead his parents and sister are standing in front of him. He is still in ShadowClan territory and he can see his sleeping form, and is immediately confused. Before he can say anything his mother shushes him and says "Do not grieve for long, for we will always love and watch over you in StarClan." Silentpaw knew he didn't need to say anything. Instead he breathed in his families scent and waited until he was woken up.