Getting to the truth

I look around me and see the court room is once again full of people, this case has seemed to have gotten a lot of media coverage, which I imagine is contributing from Olivia being well known in the celebrity circles.

" How are you doing today, Lou?". I hear Liam ask at my side.

" Yeah good, yesterday was a lot to take in I still can't believe it only took one hour from when the police arrived, to me being taking away in handcuffs, that is fucking bullshit" I say.

Liam gives me a reassuring smile which I find comfort in.

" Let me just say today Lou it is going to be very interesting".

" What do you mean?". I ask curiously, I don't get to hear his reply as the judge walks into the room.

" All rise for Judge Griffin".

The room is full of the sounds of chairs scraping, feet shuffling, throat being cleared as everyone in the courthouse stands.

" Right Gentleman let's get this moving alone, your floor Mr Thomas".

" The people call Dr James to the stand."

I watch as a man approaches the bench and get settled in the chair before he takes his oath a verbal promise to tell the truth.

" Can you tell the people here today what your roll in this case is?".

" I am the chief medical examiner".

" Can you tell us what you found?".

" Miss Wilde had a cutting wound that extended from her cheek to her neck, she had bruising around her hands and arms which looks like there was some sort of struggle".

" What did you determine was the cause of death?".

" Miss Wilde died of shock and hemorrhage from being stabbed in her jugular vein."

" And what did you determine the manner of death was?".

" A homicide".

"No more questions your Honour"

I was as Liam moves over to stand near the next witness, he looks so powerful and hell bent of getting a not guilty verdict.

" Dr James can you determine if the murderer was left of right-handed?".

" Yes, absolutely, it is my job to know these answers".

" Can you tell us about your views on this?"

" From the way the neck was cut and the angle it would have been made by someone who has a tendency to be prominent left-handed".

" And you state that as a fact?".

" Yes, I have been the chief medical examiner with this department for over 20 years and I rarely get it wrong".

" So, there is no doubt in your mind that the murderer was left-handed?".

" Yes".

" Let me state  for the record your Honor, my client is in fact Right-handed" Liam states.

" Objection your honour"

"Mr Payne stick to the witness question, you will have the opportunity to prove your client's innocence in due time".

" No further questions your Honour"

I watch as Liam turns and walks back to me with a big smile on his face, and knowing the fact I am indeed right-handed was a win for us.

" Mr Thomas do you have any further questions for Dr James?".

" No, your honour".

" Mr Thomas you can call your next witness".