Chapter 11- Grace

Arthur and John stood side by side in the garrisons, blank faces and a glass of whiskey each in their hands. The woman they were waiting for was taking her sweet time to come and join them for a drink or too and it was starting to cause an itch in their backs.

"Where is she?" Arthur grumbles as his eyes stay fixated on the oak door that she could walk through in any moment. He had just got the new bar for himself as a gift from Thomas and he was dying to show Lana but she wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"She's on her way." John muttered although he too was feeling uncomfortable from standing up in the same place for too long. John knew Lana was running late because she wouldn't let anything happen to her without someone knowing of it.

"She's taking her time." Arthur replied as he spun around to get a glance at the clock on the back wall, half seven it read. They had been stood waiting for the last fifteen minutes after finding out she wasn't here yet which was odd as normally they were late.

"Fuck this I'm going to go sit down before I get arthritis." John sighed before patting Arthur on the back. "You coming?"

"Yeah."

*

Lana pushed open the door with a small scowl realising that she is half an hour late, time was moving too quick and she couldn't get a grasp on it from all the paperwork Thomas set her to do. That bloody man insisted that it couldn't wait until tomorrow before he walked out leaving Lana alone in the den.

"Sorry boys, your brothers a knob and made me do paperwork. Only just got of my shift." Lana rambled as she slipped off her coat and chucked it onto the nearest chair. Arthur and John's attention had snapped onto her as she took a freshly cigarette to her plump lips, inhaling deeply before blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"It's alright love. Didn't miss much." John smiled as she leant against the now closed door and enjoyed her smoke. The woman looked stressed and the boys put it down to their brother although they got a strong feeling it wasn't just Thomas causing it.

"To make it up to you I'll get the first round." Lana grinned feeling herself relax more now that she had had a smoke. For some reason recently Grace and Thomas had been plaguing her mind and it only brought her pain to think of how the situation they had was now ruined.

Shaking off her deep thoughts and self pity Lana pushed off of the door and stubbed her now burnt cigarette out. Whatever happened in the past was going to be left there for tonight because she needed a break from her painful downfall.

"They're on the house anyways, not really paying for much are you?" Arthur laughed causing the blonde to send him a glare in return.

"That's not the point, I still have to get them lazy ass." Lana spat as the two men laughed at her.

*

"A bottle of Irish whiskey and three glasses." Lana's voice rang carrying an authoritative tone that gained her the attention of the barmaid. Unfortunately for Lana she was the only one there who could serve her and it gave her a sense of distaste.

"On the house." Grace mumbles as she turns quickly around to grab the bottle sat on the second highest shelf.

Lana leans against the bar to steady herself as she brings a freshly lit cigarette up to her plump red lips. It was her way of getting back at Grace, taunting her with the cylinder object that Lana was once denied of.

"You know I'm glad you and Tommy are old news, it gives me room to further my relationship with him." Grace announced as she turned around both hands full, one with a brown bottle, the other with three glasses pinched together. The bar had gotten busier since she had walked up to the bar but to Lana it seemed like it had emptied. It was just her and Grace as her anger started to rise.