3.

"If you and I are never on the same page,
Being too friendly is like putting
my heart in a cage,
I can't be the one stranded,
Just tell me I'm unwanted,
Stop being intimate, mate!"
เพื่อนเล่น ไม่เล่นเพื่อน(Just Being Friendly) by Tilly Birds ft. Milli

♡♡♡

Pran glances at the view from the big glass window in his office. The illuminating moon of the fresh night sky. It's 9.p.m. Pran's devotion to his company forces him to work out late. But instead, he glares at the busy Bangkok traffic. Less busier than during the day, but still. He was on the 21'st floor. The view he has when he works is stunning. He can see every person, every shop, the whole road, every car that passed by. It made him feel somehow... whole. He loved watching people walk, he loved observing every person that catched his eye. He is very curious. Every unique aura managed to grab his attention. Sometimes he even forgot everything else and only focused on the bright, slightly see-through color surrounding the persons body. Pran is a synesthete, afterall.

Some people may see it as a burden. Especially when you're a child and just started reading, but you see colors other kids don't. Or when you taste something bad and hear sounds other people can't. But Pran is happy he can use his condition well, with seeing people's angles,personalities or mental state with just one glance. The colors can be beautiful, unique, different, interesting. Just like people. He already has a list of his favorites he's seen so far throughout his life.

As he watches the people walking by, the beautiful colors mixing with one another, as if dancing around every person, almost like protecting them like a colorful shield. He glances at two people entering a dark, void-like alley. Their sketchy behavior seemed to interest Pran more than their auras. He didn't pay attention to it at all. Pran, a very curious human being, decided to proceed watching in hope that the storm of questions will be answered.

What he didn't expect was, that he will make eye contact with the other person. They looked him straight in the eye. He couldn't see clearly, but judging by the silhouette it was a man. And his piercing, glowing eyes Pran will never forget. The single street light was perfectly illuminating them, sending shivers down Pran's spine. However, a call interrupted his focus.

He internally groaned, but decided to answer the call anyway as it may be important.

"What?" he asked expressing his annoyance.

[Ai Pran? Am I calling at a bad time?] the voice of his best friend, Wai, hesitantly answered.

"Oh, Ai Wai? Why are you calling me so late?" he said after some silence, a bit embarrassed for his behavior.

[I was calling to ask if you're still in office?]

"Yes. I have a few files that need to be checked then I will head home." he said holding his phone between his cheek and shoulder, both hands occupying the keyboard.

[Ink called and said she left some bracelet
on her desk. She was asking if you could take it on your way home.] Wai explained.

"Why didn't she just ask me herself?" Pran scrunched his eyebrows.

[She said you will bore her with your lectures of losing stuff and being irresponsible.] Wai nonchalantly said and Pran rolled his eyes.

"Someone has to. She may be the older sibling but she doesn't take anything seriously." Pran complained. Wai chuckled through the line.

[Alright, man. I won't waste your time anymore. Enjoy your evening and don't forget to sleep early. Good night.] Wai cheerfully added.

"Good night, Ai Wai."