Eddie, you're gay

"I was wondering, what's Buck to you?" Carla asks. She takes a drink of orange juice she poured prior to breakfast. Eddie slowly looked up confused. "He's my best friend? Why" he asks. He puts his head back down to take a bite of his toasted waffle. Chris was sitting at the table listening in but also just eating his bowl of cereal.

"Are you sure about that..?" Carla asked.

"What? He's my best friend. We've almost died together? He saved my kid. He saved my life when I was shot. He takes of Christopher when neither of us can. He makes us dinner sometimes. I trust him with everything. Why wouldn't he be my best friend?" Eddie chuckled thinking Carla was crazy.

Carla mentally faced palmed. She rolled her eyes and got up. "It's time for school Christopher are you ready?"

"Yes" he mumbled. He got out of his chair and wobbled to the door with his bag. Carla followed behind and got them both out the door.

Eddie soon finished his food and left for work. He walked up the stairs to the living area. Buck was playing video games already. Hen was making tea. Chimney was wiping down the table and Bobby was reading news paper with a plate of oranges.

"Morning" Bobby says from the table. "Good morning" he replies. Eddie goes and sits across from Bobby. "Orange?" Bobby offers setting the piece of paper down. "No thank you" Eddie smiles. Bobby smirked, chuckled and ate the orange slice. "I was wondering.." Eddie started. He was confused. He didn't know what to think nor how to think it. He had so many questions. So many words but he couldn't form them into what he wanted to say. He looked down. He was picking at the skin next to his finger nails.

"You know what, never mind" he chuckled. "No, what's up?" Bobby insisted. "Okay. But I need a clear answer on this" Eddie ordered. "I'll try my best" Bobby slid the plate of oranges out of the way making a clear spot from Eddie to Bobby. "This morning, at breakfast, Carla looked at me an-" Eddie stopped and looked to see if Buck was still distracted. He's now playing Minecraft..

Eddie lowered his voice a bit "she asked me what I considered buck to me. And I'm really confused because I've expressed our friendship many times before" it's not how he wanted it to be worded so it sounds extremely confusing to him.

"Oh.." Bobby said slightly surprised. "Well she obviously knows you two are pretty close. Maybe she thought something was up? Have you two been talking recently?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah, he was playing with Christopher last night. Some video game they both like" Eddie replied. Why would him and buck fight?

"Hm. I'm not sure I'm sorry I can't help you" Bobby frowns. "It's okay. Not you're fault, I'll have to keep asking around" Eddie smiles and gets up.

The bell rung and everyone bolted to the trucks.

The day melted away quickly. Eddie kept the question in his head. Before they knew it. Shift ended. Eddie still thought of that question and what Carla meant behind it. "I told her I made Buck a guardian didn't I?" Eddie whispered to himself. He got distracted when he remembered Buck with Chris at the zoo. His smile made Eddie smile. Christopher on bucks shoulders looking at the animals. Chris may be almost 13 but he'll never pass the chance to be taller. Eddie thought back to bucks smile. Then how his checks go up and turn a light pink when he grins. Eddie started to smile at the thought of buck smiling.