sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴜ『1/5』✓

↳ ꜱᴇᴛ ɪɴ ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ ᴏɴᴇ
╰┈➤ [ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 982

"ꜰᴀɪᴛʜ ɪꜱ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ꜱᴛᴀɪʀᴄᴀꜱᴇ." -ᴅʀ. ᴍᴀʀᴛɪɴ ʟᴜᴛʜᴇʀ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴊʀ.

『ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴘᴏᴠ』

      I've been assigned an undercover job, which is what I've been doing. Going in as a possible victim and coming out after putting down the unsub. That's when the team that I'm working with can't talk the unsub out of whatever the situation is.

I've been assigned a bunch of these, I'm usually positioned behind the unsub with an ankle holster always under my boot. If they can't talk to the unsub or the unsub engages first, I pull the trigger.

It's a good job, not bad pay. Jason Gideon and David Rossi, the two people who pretty much started the BAU both said that I would be better on a team, with profilers a profiler and that I have 'good experience in the field and good life experience with different types of unsubs.' I haven't found a team that I would like to stick with, and also my job right now is good enough for me.

Today I'm working with a new team. Well, not completely new but I wasn't familiar with them, my boss announced this to me very early in the morning.

That same hour I got a call from David Rossi, who had supposedly "retired" and started writing books. I wonder how long his retirement is going to last. He called to tell me Gideon is on the team, which calmed me down a little. I know both of them for many years now, Gideon and Rossi had been the leads on my case and kept tabs on me while I grew up.

Lots of thoughts run through my mind as I walk into the BAU building, and step through the elevator. It's not my first time being here, but it is my first time being here for a case that I'm on.

It's around 5-6 am so the building isn't busy and packed as it usually is. The sun is peeking through the windows, as it rises. I see a small line of people walks into one of the smaller rooms, along the line is Gideon. So I make my way over the stairs to get up to the room that was on a slight platform.

There are only a couple of offices up here, I pass by them slowly, looking at the labels on the doors. I pass by one that has "Aaron Hotchner" written on it. I pop my head in to see if he's in there. The office is empty and a bit dark, the sun hasn't hit the window yet. On the desk, there are piles and piles of files.

I decided to make my way to the room I saw Gideon go into. As I walked into the room that I guessed was the right one. I'm not an official member of the team but I'm apparently on a list of candidates for their team if they need someone at the last minute (Gideons and Rossi's idea, not mine.)

This new team had a couple of people I knew, like Elle Greenaway. A young tall, brunette girl with big brown eyes. I have seen her around but not in the BAU, she must have just gotten the job. Next to her was Jennifer Jareau, a short blonde with right blue eyes, who I have talked to before on another case a couple of years back, she's their media person.

Then there's Aaron Hotcher, a tall, fit man with short dark brown hair, he has a suit on with a red tie and folders in his hands, the head of the team. I have been sent out to talk to him before by Rossi about possible positions when I didn't have a job and was struggling a little but I changed my mind right when I reached the entrance door.

And of course, there was Jason Gideon. I have spent a lot of time in his office, playing chess, drinking tea, and helping sort files. The man who gave me life when I was struggling the worst.

There are two more people that I don't recognize. After hearing Aaron call for Derek from the other side of the room, I put names on faces. Derek Morgan, who I'd seen at a work party in the building, had spilled a drink on my shirt while walking by once and gave me one of his from his "go bag" so I didn't walk around with a big wet stain on my shirt. I still have it laying somewhere in my apartment.

And finally, there's Doctor Spencer Reid, who I have heard about. He has a reputation here as the boy genius. Jason has tried to get us to meet but I had to fly to a case in New York last minute.

We're "very similar", we both rant and we both have the "genius" reputation. He's tall, much taller than me, and much taller than I expected him to be. His hair is slicked back (not the best look but it's cute) and he's wearing color-coordinated outfits, where everything matches. Except for his socks which are two different colors and stick out from under his pant leg.

I peek my head into the room and immediately make eye contact with Spencer, who has been staring at the door. You can see if someone is outside of it before they come in. I look into his eyes for a solid two seconds, he has those puppy dog brown eyes. I send out a soft smirk his way and turn to the front where Aaron Hotchner and Gideon are standing.

"Angel!" Jason says with a soft smile and I immediately feel all eyes on me.