Instinct

Between transformations, those infected with lycanthropy will still retain some characteristics of their animal counterpart. Increased hearing, smell, and strength along with a marked preference for rare meat.

Lupine Menace p72

。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。

Harry tried to be patient with the healers. After all, he was sure it wasn't often they had patients resurrect from the dead, but as they reached the double digits in diagnostic testing, he called a halt.

"Auror Potter, we still don't know what type of abnormal impact the lycanthropy could have had on your system, several of our readings regarding normal bodily functions are strange— scent, hearing – not to mention the severely conflicting results regarding your eyesight."

"Let me tell you what I do know. I do know I'm walking, breathing and I feel fine. Maybe I need my eyes checked again but you don't look like my optometrist." Harry advised them, diplomatically leaving out his inclination to snack on Hermione.

"Leaving now without completing the testing is against medical-"

"Got it." Harry tapped at his temple. "I appreciate the concern, but this hospital gown is drafty on my arse and I've got things to handle."

After some more babbling that he ignored, he managed to shove them out of his hospital room so he could finally get dressed in clothes provided by the hospital, a pair of joggers and a t-shirt that he adjusted hastily to his size.

Harry hated hospitals, and now with his apparently amped-up sense of smell, he hated them even more. As he dressed he ignored the vicious scarring uncovering his body. Scarring that looked weeks old even though he had just received it last night.

He really hadn't had a moment to consider what that strange —dream— delusion— incident had been last night. Had he really somehow gone to the forest a second time after apparating to St. Mungos? As he pulled down his shirt he paused looking down at the jagged scars. His hand touched one particularly large mark– as if a gigantic tooth had sunk into his belly.

Just as he finished dressing Robards walked in, his face thunderous. Harry held back a sigh, of course. Robards settled himself into the chair in the corner and gave him a hard look. "Tell me everything that happened."

Harry relayed everything he knew to be factually true - leaving out the delusion of being eaten by cottage-sized cottage-sized wolves.

Robards was quiet for a moment. "I spoke to Greer's wife."

Harry swallowed hard, his jaw tightening. "How is Emma?"

"Devastated. I promised her I'd find the people responsible and bring them to justice."

"Of Course- I might need a few days–"

"We're putting you on leave for the next three months."

Harry stared at him and Robards shifted uncomfortably in the chair. "You're going to have to get used to your new existence, and it's going to be difficult for me to find you another partner with you being ..."

Something flexed inside Harry, and he swore he could hear the rapid tattoo of Robards heartbeat, and smell the sweat as he tried to uncomfortably explain how Harry was now a much more difficult Auror to employ.

"Are you going to fire me then?"

"Of course not! We're just going to take some time to make sure everything is done right. I already put together a team to conduct searches of the dark forest to see if they can identify the scene and gather any clues."