That F*cking Lilac Scent

Harry!

Harry's eyes snapped open at the sound of Ron's yell and he met Hermione's gaze as she lay next to him on her bed. Elara was cuddled between them belly up her paws occasionally batting the air in her sleep.

"Did you hear Ron?" Hermione whispered, her brow wrinkled.

Harry sat up as panicked pounding came from the direction of the door of Hermione's flat. "Yeah."

Elara woke up with a start at the pounding and immediately tried to jump on Harry as he stood up. Hermione reached for her cuddling the small brown wolf against her chest. "It's alright baby. You're safe."

Harry reached over to rub a comforting hand over Elara's little head before straightening and heading towards the door. Hermione carried Elara down the hall to the bathroom, confident that whatever was at the door, Harry was going to handle it. What Hermione couldn't handle was vanishing more pee and poo from her flat. She set Elara down on the puppy pad they had purchased yesterday along with the toys.

"For right now this is where your pee and poo goes," Hermione said pointing at the pad that took up half her tiny bathroom. Elara wagged her little tail and ran in circles on the puppy pad. Watching her, Hermione tried not to think about what was going to happen if they couldn't fix things. Elara was just a baby now, what would her life be like if she grew up stuck as a wolf?

。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。

As Harry approached the door his nostrils flared as he scented something unusual. What the fuck was that? His wolf perked up, and a rush of excited adrenaline flooded his system.

Pack.

What?

Harry flung open the door to a distraught Lavender holding a leash to a very large red wolf with familiar panicked blue eyes.

"Oh bloody hell," Harry muttered softly staring down at his best friend and too late remembering the first words Ron said when he apparated into Hermione's flat yesterday.

Thanks for telling me we'd regroup here instead of at Grimmauld. Kreacher likes to pretend he doesn't know me when you're not at home, Harry. And this thing bit me and—and peed on me!

"I don't know what happened. We went home and everything was normal, and then something weird woke me up, almost like he was yelling but it was only in my head and then I looked over and he was like this!" The panicked words tumbled over themselves as Lavender stared down at her husband with wide eyes. "Do you think it's some type of dark curse?"

Before Harry could respond to the question there was an excited yip that proceeded Elara and Hermione entering the living room. Elara tumbled over herself as she rushed to the red wolf and started nipping and jumping at him exuberantly. Ron's wolf mouth drooped and he gave Harry a doleful look.

"Oh that's...not good," Hermione muttered under her breath before heading to the kitchen.

Harry silently agreed and stood to the side motioning them to come in so he could shut the door, "Come in. Let's get settled and talk inside."

Hermione efficient as always was already stepping towards them holding a service tray with tea in her hands as she went to the sofa. "I think we could all use a cup." She murmured handing out cups and placing one near the table's edge for Ron.

Ron looked at it consideringly then laid down in a huff, not moving when Elara climbed on top of him to start chewing on his ear.

Lavender poured herself a cup and then held it cradled in both hands, a fine tremble making little ripples in the tea. Harry shot Hermione a speaking glance remembering her jealousy yesterday before reaching out and placing his hand comfortingly on Lavender. "It's going to be alright. I promise. I'm going to take care of it."