A Diety

There is an argument as to the conclusion wizarding laws and society drive those infected witches and wizards together into groups or if there is some inclination from their animal counterparts to form packs. Regardless of what factor may drive them together, as a whole, the groupings tend to conform to observations of their animal counterparts.

Lupine Menace p82

。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。★。+゚☆゚+。

Three weeks before the first full moon

Harry sat with Ron at his dining room table in Grimmauld finally telling him everything that had happened almost a week earlier. Sitting with Ron though drinking a pint, he felt pretty normal. Apparently, Ron did not aggravate his wolf at all. Thank fucking Merlin. He had hoped to have some strategy for dealing with his wolf before interacting with too many people, but it seemed like Hermione in particular was a trigger for him. Which was really bad fucking luck considering she was also the one he trusted the most to help him with his furry little problem.

"Mate, no offense but that sounds like a porno- remember that shop on Knockturn–"

Harry pounded his fist on his dining room table and pointed at it. "Yes! That's why you're my best mate! I tried to tell Hermione–"

Ron burst out laughing, turning alarmingly red as he sputtered. "You tried to tell that to Hermione? You dumb git! You were just trying to make her mad more like."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry grumbled drinking a bit of his pint.

"You know exactly what I mean, I don't know how both of you can be such fucking knobs. Well, you, I guess I understand, but Hermione is usually smarter."

"Don't call Hermione a knob!" Harry's tone was sharper than he intended, he could practically feel invisible fur ruffling at the harmless insult. Hadn't he just been thinking his wolf was chill with Ron? Apparently not when it thought Hermione was being insulted, good to know.

Ron rolled his eyes, not at all put off by his tone, leaning back in his chair. "I still can't believe you didn't ask her out after the Todd incident."

Harry was immediately distracted as the image of that wankbangle Hermione had briefly dated last year popped into his mind. Ugh. Todd. Who had a name like Todd anyway? It sounded like the name for a rubber dick. Heh. "Todd sounds like a name for a rubber dick."

"Why are you thinking of rubber dicks, mate?" Ron asked his serious tone betrayed by the glint in his eye.

"Todd," Harry said the name again in a disgusted voice, ignoring Ron's question as he took another drink. "Who the fuck has a name like Todd?"

"Pretty sure one of the alternates for the Chudley Cannons is Todd Burton."

"Exactly! Todds are – Todds are alternates! Prick accountants. Breathing pork pies. Rubber dicks.--"

Ron tuned out as Harry continued his rant on the last wizard Hermione had dated, drinking his pint. Honestly, he didn't see the problem with dating your best mate. He had dated Hermione for a while after the war, the relationship between the two of them hadn't worked out and so they had amicably broken it off. He couldn't convince his two best friends, though, that breaking up didn't have to be some dramatic shite where everything burned down.

They were both convinced that they would date and then if something happened it would tarnish their friendship. This was just dumb in Ron's opinion, half of Hogwarts had dated the other half. The lack of a wide dating pool made one's standards flexible when it came to that sort of thing. They were all approaching their thirties now and everyone was still friends – well except for some Slytherins obviously. Although that was changing slowly as some wrongs were forgiven.