The Skeleton Brothers

As Swap walked into the house and the door got closed, Stretch immediately started interrogating him on who Y/N was.

"Who was that?! And why were you with them?!" Stretch yelled, with nothing but concern for his younger brother.

"That was Y/N! I know you don't really feel the most comfortable with humans, but they're a really nice one!" Swap tried to reason.

"That's not comforting at all. You just met them! Who knows what they're like?" Stretch rolled his eyes and sat on the couch.

"They have a monster best friend! Her name is Rita and she's a calico monster. They live together!" Swap tried to explain, but his brother tuned out all of the words that left his mouth when the TV got turned on.

Swap wanted to get his attention, but he deemed it as something they should talk about tomorrow. "Goodnight hermano", He whispered and went up to bed.

Stretch did not respond, and instead sighed to himself as he turned around to watch the door close upstairs. He turned back to the TV and then looked at the floor as he curled up into himself.

"I love you too... I just want to keep you safe..." He whispered to himself as a single tear strayed from his eye socket. "I just wish you'd see that I'm doing this for your own good." He wiped the tear away and got up off the couch.

Stretch walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge, getting out a fresh bottle of honey. He had to make sure that Swap was asleep before he brought it to the living room, so for a few moments he was dead silent, listening for the slightest noise. Soft snoring was heard from the upstairs room, causing Stretch to sigh, relieved. If Swap knew that he was still drinking honey, he'd have his head.

Honey is like alcohol to monsters, and in the Underground, there wasn't as strict as a law of age. Anyone over 18 could drink it. Now that he's on the surface, he has to be 21. Stretch was only 19, so close yet so far to being able to legally drink. So he did so in private, at the dead of night.

Stretch thought more on Swap's argument for Y/N. It's true that they did have a monster best friend, but does that really mean that they can be trusted? They might still be against monsters, and just see Rita as an exception. They could be outright awful to Rita in private. Who knows?

Stretch shook his head and downed his honey, throwing the empty bottle in the trash and walked back to the couch. In the next few minutes, he had passed out with the TV still going. Swap was going to get on him about that in the morning, but for now, it was time to sleep.

Stretch opened his eyes slowly, blinking every so often to get used to his surroundings. It was still dark. 'hm, maybe he isn't awake yet?'

Until he saw that the TV screen had been turned off and there was a note on the TV stand. Stretch slowly got up off the couch and reached for the note.

It read; 'Hey Pap. I'll pass on reminding you about the TV for today, you looked exhausted. Anyway, I've gone back to the bar, to see Y/N! I most likely will not be drinking, but if I do end up drinking, please be awake and alert so I can contact you. I will not be staying until closing time. I love you hermano! Have a nice day!"

Stretch sighed and folded the note up, placing it next to him. 'what will I do with him... Wait-' Stretch realised something he had missed when he first read over the note, so he went to reread.

'I've gone back to the bar, to see Y/N!' Stretch growled under his breath and started getting his shoes and jacket on. He was not going to let Swap be around Y/N any longer. They could not be trusted yet.

Stretch got in their car, seeing that Swap most likely walked to the bar, and started up the engine. He looked at his phone, seeing if Swap had messaged him yet. Nothing. He probably just got there.

When the car started, he backed out of the driveway and began driving to the bar. He needed a GPS to find where it was, but he got there eventually. Getting out of his car, he was taken aback by the fact that there wasn't a bouncer-type person restricting people from coming in who are underage.

Little did he know that Y/N was the one who took IDs, but he's never been there so he's alright.

He walked through the door and immediately caught sight of his brother at the bar, talking and laughing around with Y/N.

He marched over to them and slammed his hand down on the table, making Y/N and Swap jump slightly.

"Pap! What are you doing here?" Swap questioned. Y/N watched the two, confused and nervous as to what had happened when they left last night.

"We're leaving. Now." Stretch attempted to grab onto Swap's arm, but he pulled away with a bewildered expression.

"I didn't call you, so I'm not leaving. Why do you want me out of here?" Swap crossed his arms and stood up from the stool he was on, narrowing his eyes at his brother with a slight glare.

"Because I said so. Let's go." Stretch stiffened and made himself taller, despite the fact that he's already easily much taller than Swap. Swap's glare hardened as he gritted his teeth.

"I don't want to, I'm staying." Swap looked away from his brother and gave a guilty smile to Y/N, silently apologising. Y/N waved their hand to give an 'its alright'. The people in that area of the bar were staring at the two brothers go at it, and only Y/N had noticed.

"Why do you want to stay here so much? You only met them yesterday! And I do not approve of you hanging around them," Stretch gestured over to Y/N's direction, making the bartender sink slightly, feeling like the eyes in the room were all turned to them. A wave of anxiety crashed over them as sweat dropped from their forehead.

Swap was going to continue to argue, until he felt Y/Ns uncomfortableness behind him. He turned to them to see them nervously looking at the crowd. Swap sighed and looked back to his brother.

"Fine. I'll go back home." Swap turned to Y/N. "I'll text you later!" He cheerily waved and walked off with his brother.

"I'm not going to question why you have their number, but I will question why you decided to cause such an argument with me in the middle of a bar." Stretch asked as they both piled into the car.

"Because I don't understand why you are so angry when it comes to Y/N. You're the one who wanted me to make friends, why am I no longer allowed to?" Swap crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat.

"That was when we were in the Underground! Now we're on the surface, and I don't want you associating with humans. They're not to be trusted, you know what they've done." Stretch started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"That was years ago, hermanito! They've changed!" Swap tried to argue, but it seemed that Stretch blocked out anything he tried to say, so Swap huffed and texted Y/N, knowing they wouldn't respond due to being at work. But it was there for when they got off.