Home

Swap and Y/N got to Y/N's house, where Rita was outside looking frantic.

"Oh my God, Y/N!" She called and ran over, bombarding Y/N in a hug.

"Are you alright? What happened?" She started to ask, but upon seeing Y/N's face, she turned the questions over to Swap. "What happened?"

"They had a panic attack while on the phone with me. I had hunted them down and calmed them down." Swap spoke, while comfortingly rubbing Y/N's back.

"Thank you so much." Rita turned back to Y/N. "Oh my dear, you look awful! I'm gonna take off work tomorrow so I can help you, okay?"

"No no, the town needs you-"

"Nonsense. They can go a day without me. C'mon, let's get you in bed," Rita placed her arm on Y/N's back, and began guiding them into the house. Rita turned back to Swap, and thanked him for his help.

"Of course. It's the least I could do. Now I'd better go before Papy loses his shit" Swap waved goodbye and began walking home.

Rita opened the front door, the light flooding out of the house, nearly blinding Y/N due to the contrast of the bright house and the dark sky.

"Do you want to talk about what triggered you?" Rita asked softly as she closed the door and locked it.

Y/N shook their head, though Rita knew what it was without needing to hear anything.

"I understand. Let's get you something to eat and then to sleep. You need it" Rita had Y/N sit on the couch, and then went to go make Y/N's favourite food, F/F.

Rita came back to the living room with the plate/bowl in her hands, and gave it to Y/N. "Here you are dear. Eat up".

Y/N nodded and began digging into the meal. They hadn't eaten since breakfast, so they finished it quite fast. Rita chuckled and took the dish from them, putting it into the sink for her to clean after she gets Y/N to bed.

She came back and saw Y/N nearly falling asleep on the couch. She smiled and walked over to the couch, maneuvering herself so that she could pick them up in bridal style. Due to Rita being rather strong, she picked them up easily and was able to carry them to their room with no struggles.

Rita laid them down on the bed, covered them with blankets and plushies, and left the room, closing the door. She took a breath and rubbed her forehead.

"Y/N... What am I going to do with you..."

Rita walked out of the hallway and back to the kitchen, to clean the lone dish that she left in the sink. After she put it away, she grabbed her phone off of the table in the living room and dialed her boss' number.

"Rita! Do you have any idea what time it is?!" A deep male voice came from the other end.

"Yes sir. I am terribly sorry for this call but I must take off work tomorrow." Rita apologized, bracing herself to be yelled at or something.

Her boss grumbled something she couldn't pick up, but then raised his voice so she could hear, "Whatever whatever, do what you monster women do I don't care." He dismissed her and hung up.

Rita sighed, her ears flattening on the sides of her head, as she closed out of the call app. "Never takes me seriously no matter what I do".

Rita turned off the lights and headed to her room so she could go to sleep.

The calico entered her bedroom and turned on the bright pink lamp that sat next to the door. She looked over at the posters and framed certificates hanging upon her walls, the pink curtains that covered her windows, hiding her room away from the outside world.

She looked at her big, fluffy pink bed with a smile, eyes catching the small red panda plush that sat itself in the middle of her pillows.

"Hello Rya." She muttered and walked over to the bed, sitting down with a sigh. "It's been quite a day."

Rita started ranting about her day to the plush, talking about how she freaked out when Y/N didn't come home, then talking about her boss and how much of a jerk he is.

"He never listens to my problems, and claims he doesn't care if I take a day off. But i assure you, tomorrow, I'm going to get a call from him. Cussing and yelling at me that I didn't come in and I will try to explain but he'll brush me off like he always does." She ranted, energy and anger growing gradually. At one point she took a break for a breath and tears pricked her eyes.

Rita brought her knees up to her face as she silently cried into them. The weight of the past few days had finally crushed her, and she felt awful because of it.

Rita had always prided herself in being able to be strong when things were hard, but now that she couldn't be strong anymore, the only thing that was left was to hate herself for it. To ridicule and yell at herself. She cried for hours, only breaking every once in a while when it was hard to breathe.

At around Four in the morning, she felt drowsy and tired from all the crying. Rita got up to turn off her light and fell asleep without going under the covers or changing her clothes. She trusted Y/N to be able to take care of themself in the morning.

Rita could only sleep for an hour or two, as she awoke to her blankets over her instead of how she fell asleep. Rita smiled when she realised that Y/N had made her comfortable when they woke up.

Rita got up and looked outside of her door, to check and see where her friend was.

Y/N was in the living room, on the phone with someone, laughing and talking. Rita smiled and walked over to the living room, shutting her door. She stopped by the doorway, she couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"And then she fell down the stairs! I thought she was going to be fine, since y'know, cats land on their feet usually. She landed, but not on her feet." Y/N laughed. Someone talked into the phone, drawing them to respond. "She landed on her hands! I was so surprised!"

"I know!" They laughed and was silent as the other person spoke.

"Yeah she is! I know right? It's perfect!" Y/N cheered and smiled. Rita had never seen Y/N so happy, not since she met them. Rita smiled slightly as she watched Y/N conversate with the 'mystery person'(she knew it was Swap on the other line).

"Alright! Okay, I'll see you then. Bye!" Y/N hung up the phone and smiled to themself, making hard fists and waving their arms around in happiness. Rita smiled, seeing Y/N stim so much. They hadn't done that in so long.

"So, who were you talking to?" Rita asked smoothly, walking fully into the room. Y/N jolted in suprise and looked behind them with wide eyes.

"Oh it's just you." Y/N calmed, and took a breath.

"Who else would it be?" Rita laughed and walked over to the couch, sitting down next to Y/N.

"I don't know. My brother maybe?" Y/N smirked and giggled, making Rita's face harden.

"Y/N."

"I know I know, I'm sorry."