Oh? A Fellow Pretender?

"Talk"

'Thought'
___________________
'This fucking sucks…'

At the middle of the night, there was a cliff near the forest where a small kingdom and a military base were located. Cid Kageno could be seen sitting on the cliff's side, wearing an annoyed and bored expression. The person who forced him to be there, Esdeath, sat next to him, gently holding his hands with her own and shyly looked away with a small embarrassed and blushing smile.

'Not only did I not receive my mother fucking money from getting into 2nd place, but now I'm someone's slave, I mean, it's a normal Mob thing to do, to be sold off and used as a toy or tool for the Main Boss, or maybe 2nd or 3rd mini villains, but, ugh…'

Cid then glanced at his newly acquired owner and noticed she was in the middle of talking to him

"- If I were to be completely honest, I haven't been myself lately, I've been experiencing, 'Love', it's such a pleasant feeling-"

Unfortunately for Esdeath and her rambling, Kageno could care less about what she had to say to him as placed his chin on his hand and just zoned out and ignored her completely, all the while being in deep thoughts

'Usually I would've escaped by now, but then I would be putting myself through all this trouble for nothing, and I just hate having my time wasted.'

Cid sighed and casually laid down on his new Mistress's lap, making her gasp and blush even more in embarrassment. She didn't reject him, so she started to pet his head softly. He wasn't paying attention to that, though, and was just getting ready to take a nap or something in order to pass the time while thinking of a plan for the future.

'Once we get back to the Empire, I'm just gonna blow that shit up and take everything that the King owns, no one would mind since they're corrupt or whatever, so win-win for me and everyone I guess.'

Though before Cid could 100% ignore the entire world around him, the cold blue woman suddenly said something that captured his attention and made him look at her for once.

"- I've just been bored lately, that could be another reason I suppose for being interested in love, I mean I still crave a good war and fun fights, but all this political stuff and the Cult of Diablo nonsense that the Prime Minister keeps spewing out, I just can't help but want to escape from all that and just have some actual fun…"

Esdeath sighs softly and glances up at the starry night, with the big moonlight being at the center of it all, she wore a expression that shows absolute unfulfillment and being completely unsatisfied with life, which only caught his attention even more so

'Cult of Diablo?... Did Alpha hire her to play with us too?'

Cid couldn't help but see this Ice General in a completely different light than he expected to witness, which only made him curious and wanting to know about her role in all this.

"C-Cult of Diablo? Escape from all that? What do you mean by that?"

Cid decided to act like a mob character, but only to make sure he wasn't misunderstanding something and suddenly revealing himself to a random stranger.

"Right you wouldn't know, though since you're my lover and I don't really care about keeping it a secret, it's a Cult thing or whatever of wanting to take over the world by using or releasing some demons or whatever from the past, I wasn't actually paying attention to all that to be honest."

Hearing what Esdeath just said only confirmed that she is also just following the script of the 'Cult of Diablo' storyline just like Kageno is, or at least that's what he thinks.