7; Cuffed In Eunoia

You guys are not commenting nor voting💔 and I was meant to only publish this on OkadaBooks thought that would be better but here I am taking my time instead of writing and editing it for y'all....not motivation💔

Abuja.

MARIAM walked down unknown path, eyes glazed over. She had no idea what she's doing nor where she was going to but knew she had to keep on walking or go back there and do some embarrassing stuff she might hate herself for later on. Like confessing how he's being messing with her head for several hours already. When she's never gave anyone a fraction of that attention before.

Touching behind her pocket for her phone, she dialed a number which was picked at the first ring.

"Dead or broken?" Was the question asked before she even said anything. A sinister smile snuck it's way to her face, that feeling of power and danger cloaked her.

Does she want him dead or beaten till he wished for death? Mariam cannot decide but one thing is certain, she is going to make sure he regrets ever talking to her in such a way. He'd make a total fool of her. Her! The Mariam Abdou Baldé! The woman that makes earth quake and men feel like dogs but that young child made her feel like shit? She's definitely going to make him pay for that mistake so he won't try it again. Messing with her is dire.

Why she doesn't want him dead is beyond her!

What's there about him? Her eyes narrowed thinking about all the things she's felt. She had never allowed herself to feel anything for anyone other than her mother. In her line of business, she does not need more predilections in her life —they will end up thoroughly explore. Not a lot of people know where her mother is and more little people know that she still cares about the woman and loves her a lot. She would've been targeted long ago. She'd like to keep it like that.

Mariam is an important public figure in Nigeria but most specifically, in Abuja. And people in Abuja are extremely dangerous. It is brimming with politicians and their spoiled kids which is why her own main target was the higher ups in the politics so she could secure her safety. None of those spoiled kids ever raised their finger at her, they cannot do that to her. Their fathers feed from her palm. . . .

Which brings her back to the matter at hand. Who is that young guy that is wrecking her beliefs in a few hours?

When she'd stood in front of him earlier, it took everything in her not to lean down to sniff that woodsy masculine smell rolling off of him in waves. The scent that almost intoxicated her, made her stumble on her feet but she caught herself immediately to avoid further humiliation. There is no more dignity for her that night, she's thrown every bit and pieces of it when she entered that restaurant like a possessed woman. She is indeed hypnotized.

At that moment when they were facing one another, she felt a sense of belonging. Like she belongs to the guy in front of her even if he's come straight from the slums, it doesn't matter. It felt as though every single question in her life had been answered for a split second. As though what she's been coveting her entire life was right there in front of her which she doesn't understand neither does she want that.

She's never wished for anything other than wealth, more of it.

Her eyes momentarily closed as an image pierced beneath her lids, making her heartbeat fluctuate and a fracture to her ego.

She, Mariam Abdou Baldé was held in the arms of that stranger and nothing felt more real, more pure and more natural than that. To be held by someone she was about to get thrashed till he wish he never came to Abuja. Oh, this is definitely a taboo and someone is tricking her. If he didn't do it, then there has to be someone that's making him the puppet.