8-♤ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝑹𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒕

𝑯𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑

𝑻𝒂𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕, 𝒕𝒂𝒈, 𝒕𝒂𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕

♧.♤.♡.♢

The sun shines through the curtains, the loud music of the Beach, the presence next to me. All of my senses are slowly waking up.

I had fallen asleep in Chishiya's room again. It had become a habitude, like a routine.

When I look to my left, Chishiya is already awake, reading a book.

I stay lying down, trying to get as much rest and strength as I can for tonight's game. Both his visa and mine are expiring today, so we will have to play another game to expand it. I am not anxious about it, I accepted the fact that I could die in the games, but if don't play, I'll die either way, so let's try my best to survive.

'Did you sleep well?'

I stop what I was thinking about, 'Huh ?'

'On your first night here you had a nightmare. You implied it wasn't something out of the ordinary. The past few days, you were also having restless sleep. But you seemed to be more at ease, at least.'

I don't want to talk about it. I hated when the topic was on the table. Only two people knew about this and it was already too much.

'Yeah I slept okay, I'll be fine for tonight'.

I don't even wait for a reaction from him or anything he could say. I just get out of bed and go straight back to my room.

It's almost time. The people with a visa expiring are gathered in the lobby.

It's crowded, and militants are here to assign people the car they'll leave with. I stay behind and try to see which team could be the best.

I see a group of four people, they seem in good shape and ready to fight. They could be great allies so I began to walk toward them when I feel a hand grab my arm, stopping me momentarily. Spinning me around so I could face them. I was about to punch whoever it was but stop myself

'I already got you a car, you're going with group 5'

I look at him, one hand still on my arm, the other holding onto his riffle. 'Why?'

'I won't be playing tonight. So you go with Aguni's group'

'I am not a baby Niragi. I can handle myself.'

'You don't know what kind of games it'll be. If it is spade or clubs I won't be here to save your ass'

'I don't need anyone'. I try to walk but his grip on my arm stops me from doing so

'I know you can be lethal. But your words won't save you against bullets'

I look at him. He is right, that's exactly why I was going for that group of athletics just before.

'Go with Aguni.' it sounds more like an order than a question

I yank my arm off his grip. 'Fine'. I say with gritted teeth.

I turn my back to him and change my direction to Aguni's car. He is the one driving, next to him is another man with a big bandana on. I walk to them.

'I was told you were the one to babysit me?' Aguni just looks me up and down. 'From what I saw at the Mascot game you'll be fine, but Niragi insisted on keeping an eye on you'