16- 🃏𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

𝑴𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅

𝑬𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅

𝑴𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅

♧.♤.♡.♢

I had gotten back to my room after my encounter with Chishiya. But this time it felt different, something shifted, it felt raw, vulnerable, and true. Like we were finally letting our guards down. That was terrifying, but so addictive at the same time, like I craved more.

I only slept for three hours tonight. I woke up with a bad headache from the nightmare I just had. It was almost eight when I just finished dressing up from my shower and I heard someone banging on my door. My heart skip a beat thinking of who could be behind that door. I am not familiar but the knocking. I don't know who it is, but I know who it isn't, so my heart slows down and I open the door.

'Tata?' he looks terrified and breathless

'Something bad happened. Please come with me!' he shouts

'What? Tata, calm down, what happened?!' but he doesn't answer and starts running again

My head hurts even more, I don't move, I need a moment to understand what's going on and-

'Hurry!!' he shouts and pulls me out of my trans. I shake my head, run and catch up with him.

I don't know what happened but I see militants leaving their posts, so it doesn't sound good, at all.

He stops abruptly before the staircase. 'Go to the meeting room, I have to go and find Ann' he tells me and I nod.

I stopped running but kept a fast pace, whatever is going on, I couldn't miss it. I'm almost at there when I hear some muffled voices.

'Hey, wait up', 'Where did you guys come from?' militants, I start running again.

'We didn't ask you to come here' I could recognize that voice anywhere, Niragi. I quickly turn the corner and see he was talking to Arisu and Usagi, but I wasn't prepared to face another person there.

'I called him over' Chishiya answers Niragi. Oh great, the two of them, it's never good.

He already saw me, he keeps eye contact and grins. I feel my throat gets dry. I didn't know how to feel after our conversation last night. I still hadn't had the time to fully process it. But it seem like he did, and enjoyed seeing me struggling to find my posture.

Niragi didn't even acknowledge my presence and turns around to face Chishiya. 'Hey, don't go gathering people on your own'

He takes steps closer looking at Niragi nonchalantly. 'There's something important he has to hear'. I frown when I hear this, does he already knows what's going on? How? 'Let's go in' he says getting his eyes back on mine.

Arisu says goodbye to the short girl and walks away, I follow close behind as he asks something to Chishiya. 'What happened?'

Chishiya stops. 'Who knows' he quickly glace behind him and meet my interested eyes. 'It must be something serious' he says before opening the doors.

We walk in, per usual the white cat has his hands back in his pockets. I caught a glimpse of something laying on the table. But I can see Aguni standing at the end of it, with a facial expression that sends shivers down my spine. Death and grief are written in his eyes as I finally see what's laying on the table. The body of Takeru Damna. The body of Hatter.