17-☏ 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒍𝒅
𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅
𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘
𝑳𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒏 

♧.♤.♡.♢

We walked along a few corridors before entering Chishiya's room, I sat on his bed and looked up at him. We stayed quiet for a bit, taking in the event of the morning and what it means to us.

'Why do I feel like it is our last peaceful moment?' I ask quietly

He looks at me, his gaze soft and almost sad. 'Because it is' he simply answers. He stands in front of me and kneels down to meet my height. He looks down but quickly meets my eyes again, 'Whatever happens tonight, please, don't hate me'

I don't understand, why would I hate him. He isn't planning on betraying me, does he? No, he wouldn't do that. He can't. Not after everything we shared. Not after I opened up to him. Not after I let him in. So why would I hate him after tonight?

I blink rapidly. 'What? What are you talking about? He there something I should be aware of?' I ask a bit of panic making my voice tremble.  

He brakes eye contact, not able to hold it anymore. 'Chishiya?'

'I have to go to the black envelope ceremony. You stay here.' he says standing up and turning his back to me

'Why can't you tell me?'

'It's for the sake of the plan' he tells arrogantly, he was about to walk away but I stand up as well and come close to him.

'No' I am getting angry, I put my hand on his shoulder and stop him. 'Listen, Mr. Cheshire, there is something you should know. Arrogance won't serve you well on desolation row. You think you've got a foolproof plan. But the blood will soak into the sand and you will be the last one standing.' I pause and breathe deeply, I calm down. 'You can't tell me something like this then close off.' 

He turns back around, his jaw clenched. 'I can't tell you more.' He takes deep breaths, his eyes dark but not scary. He takes a step closer. 'You have to trust me.' I can feel his body heat burning my cold skin, like the moon did to me. The atmosphere completely shifted. 

'Do you trust me, Ameya?' he asks with a deep voice

I blurt out without even thinking about it. 'With my life, Chishiya'

The answer seems so natural. I can see in his eyes he didn't think I would answer so quickly and truthfully. That I'd actually let myself to him like this, that I would give him so much power.  

He lifts his hand, his soft finger slowly brushes against my cheeks, taking away a tear I didn't feel falling. 

I feel vulnerable in his hands, so I get all the courage I have left in me to ask him the question.

'And you Chishiya, do you trust me?' I stop breathing, my heart is racing, the answer could so easily hurt me. 

His face gets closer to mine, until his lips stop only inches next to my face. And he whispers in my ear something that sent chills down my spine and put my body on fire.

'You are the only one I trust Ameya'

I close my eyes and listen to his deep voice, I feel his breath on my neck, his hair tickling my shoulder, his smell ensnaring my sens. I am completely lost on him, completely bewitched. Gravity left and sent me into outer space to be on the moon. Floating among the stars.

Knock, Knock