Effort

The Same Day
The Balcony
(Y/N) POV

Me: You're Mr. Nakano, right?

Mr. Nakano: Yes, I am. May I know who I'm speaking to?

We were speaking through a phone call.

Me: The name is (Y/N) (L/N). A friend of your daughters' tutor.

Mr. Nakano: I see. Do you need anything from me, (L/N)-kun?

Me: Yes. I'd like to be your daughters' tutor, too.

Mr. Nakano: Care to explain more?

Me: You see, I pity my dear friend. He now need to tutor five people while keeping up with his own study, too. That's a lot of burden right there, if you ask me.

Mr. Nakano: I'm sorry, but-

Me: I won't ask for payment. But if you want to pay me, feel free to do it.

Mr. Nakano:... How good you are?

Me: My strongest subject is English. And I am much better at that subject than Fuutarou. If you want to pay me, just pay for the price of one subject but don't cut off Fuutarou's payment if you do so.

Mr. Nakano: I see. You really care about your friend, it seems.

Me: He's like family.

Mr. Nakano: Well then, (L/N)-kun. I'm delighted to hire you. But I'll need a proof of how good your English is. So until you give me-

Me: Oh yeah, try to find an essay named "Right or Wrong" on google. It was written by me. University of Greenwich post it on their webpage.

(A/N): Don't do anything stupid like searching that on google.

Mr. Nakano:... Give me a minute.

Me: Sure.

Silence filled the air. After about three minutes, Mr. Nakano spoke again.

Mr. Nakano: I see. You're indeed excellent at English Literature. I'll be more than happy to hire you.

Me: Thought so.

Mr. Nakano: I'll let the fact that you entered my daughters' house without my permission slide and hire you.

Me: Thanks, I guess...?

Mr. Nakano: I'll just pay you 5000 Yen per session.

Me: That's... a lot...

Mr. Nakano: I know what kind of people my daughters are. I hope with this much money will able to pay back for all the troubles my daughters will make.

Me: I see.

Mr. Nakano: I need to go now. Have a good day, (L/N)-kun.

Me: You too.

He ended the call.

Me: Well, now that settled.