New students and confidants

Shun POV:
As we were returning to the campus, Yuu asked me, "Hey Shun? Where did the owl that was on your head go?"

"After we entered the mine, it decided to fly away. I don't know where it went after... Maybe it went back to the school?"

"Maybe..."

After answering Yuu's question, we went to go find the headmage after entering the mirror chamber. Noticing that he was there, we told him that we got the magic crystal. He seemed pretty shocked that we weren't lying and questioned us about it.

"Pardon?! You're telling me that you actually went to the Dwarf's Mine in search of a magic crystal?"

'Jeez... why do you think we were lying about wanting to make sure we weren't expelled...'

"I did not expect that you'd actually do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magic crystal! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion packets."

"Are you serious? While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!"

"Monster...?"

Ace replies to the unasked question by saying, "Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!"

"If you need proof, I took a picture of it headmage."

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?"

After entering the headmage's office, you see the portraits of the Great Seven floating behind his chair. After I showed the headmage what the monster looked like, everyone else told what happened in the mines.

"Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the five of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought the magic crystal back to me?"

"I don't know if I'd call it "working together.""

Deuce also agrees with Ace's statement, by saying "It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the time..."

"Oh gracious... Ohh... Ohhhhhhhhh! *sobbing*"

'Is this because we were able to have the two put away their pride for a bit so we could work together... How big is everyone's ego here?'

"What is this guy's deal? Burstin' into tears in public?! At this age?!"

"In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!"

Both Yuu and Shun thought over his last statement and thought, 'Wait, that was a COMMON foe?! What's an uncommon foe then...'

"Whoa! No! No way I would hold hands with that guy!"

"Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And, two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?"

"At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident proved my hopes were justified. Yuu and Shun, both of you possess the talents of a beastmaster! Yuu, even though Shun came up with the plan, you still led the others in the fight by pointing out weak points."

I then ask, "So what exactly is a beastmaster?"

Crowley thinks about how to word it before saying, "A beastmaster is someone who will make even the most headstrong to work together for a common goal. Yuu, Shun... I am convinced that people like you are necessary for the future of this school. My educator's intuition tells me so. Trappola, Spade - I hereby revoke your pending expulsions! Furthermore, Yuu and Shun... I am granting you the qualifications necessary to attend at Night Raven College!"