Restless (Jake🌿)

You stared up at the smooth ceiling, your eyes burning with exhaustion. You sighed, turning to your side in an attempt to get comfortable.

"You good up there?" A groggy voice said, "you've been tossing and turning for an hour."

Your cheeks flared up at the sound of Jake's voice, it was rough and gravely. You turned over, hanging your top half off the side of the bunk bed to get a look at him.

"I'm sorry, am I keeping you awake?" You whispered, cheeks turning red.

Jake cracked an eye open, a small sleepy smirk coming to his face. He closed his eye and yawned "no your fine." Your heart pounded in your chest as you searched for the right thing to say. "What's keeping you awake?" He asked, hands coming behind his head. His muscles flexed, god you hope you weren't drooling.

"Just, restless I guess" you mumbled softly, looking away from his face.

Apart of you hated how you melted and became putty in Jake's hand, with just a look or a smirk! How wild!

"Mmm" he humed softly, your eyes came back to his face, blue hooded eyes looked up to you. Jake licked his lips "come down," he said softly, moving his hands from behind him to his sides as he pushed himself up. "I'll keep you company." He smirked.

Your cheeks burned, a small smile coming to your face. Who were you do deny such an invitation?

You climbed down from your bunk, your legs becoming exposed to the cool air. You regret wearing shorts, you looked to Jake his eyes quickly moving away from your figure. A small pink dusting his cheeks. Scratch that, your so greatful for wearing them.

You sat down by his feet, bringing your legs to your chest as you looked to him.

A smirk played at your lips "can I?" You asked, lifting the blanket.

Jake looked to you, eyes looking down to the blanket. "Oh shit, yeah come in." Jake said, seeming a bit more awake than before.

You covered your legs, a smile coming to your face. "Thanks, so did you want to cuddle or is there a reason you called me down" you teased, leaning back.

Jake bit his lip, a chuckle leaving his throat as he shook his head. "That obvious?" He smirked, his blue eyes seeming to shine.

"You're not good at hiding it" you joked, feeling a bit tired now. His presence alone seemed to calm, and rile you up.

Jake chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck "well." He glanced at you, "I thought you looked lonely up there" he smirked, Jake wanted to see how far he could push you. He loved when your face turned red, or how if it became to much you would try to joke it off.

He knew the way he smirked, or looked at you made you feel some type of way. You weren't to good at hiding your expression, and it definitely inflated his ego.

To say you had peaked Jake's interest was an understatement, he thought every aspect of you was breath taking.

Your cheeks grew hot, this man could not be real. You tilted your head "are you sure your not projecting?" you joked, raising a brow. "Denial is a river in Egypt"

Jake smiled rolling his eyes "probly, now what's up?" He asked, nodding his head to you "what's really keeping you up? I'm all ears." He said softly, lifting up his hand to cover his yawn once again.

You felt kinda bad, were you keeping him up? Of course he wouldn't answer truthfully if you had asked, but you felt a bit guilty.

"I guess I'm just nervous, you figure riding horses for as long as we have we'd have it by now.. or at least. I'd have it" you mumbled, glaring to the side. Letting out a yawn of your own, you hated that.