Blind (Neytiri 🌘)

You and Neytiri are blind towards the way you feel for each other, and that blindness leaves you to watch as Neytiri slowly begins to fall for a dreamwalker.

Laughter filled the night, the world seemed to glow around you. Beautiful purples and blues illuminating the forest around you, you giggled chasing Neytiri.

Neytiri chuckled, her beautiful laughter filling the air. She turned her head to look at you, a beautiful smile coming to her lips. You just about melted. You adored her, so much. You would do anything for her.

"You are slow (y/n)!" She laughed, running to the lake you both frequented.

"Or maybe, I was going easy on you" you stated, removing your bow with a smirk.

Neytiri laughed, removing her bow and her hunting knife. "Are you? Are you really?" She smiled, tail flicking in excitement.

You smiled, eyes softening at the sight of her. Neytiri always looked so ethereal, she was honestly unreal.

Neytiri approached you, a smile sliding on to her features. Her hands capturing one of yours, she tugged you forward.

"Come on," she chuckled, she always thought of it strange how you always seemed to have your head in the clouds. Especially when you looked to her.

She ran to the edge of the small cliff that looked over the lake, pulling you with her.

A wide smile came to your face as you prepared to jump with her, you could never get tired of this.

Your late night swims, and your morning hunts. You've known Neytiri since Grace's school, your parents wanted you to learn of the sky people in hopes to make peace. As did Neytiri's parents, ever since then the two of you have been inseparable.

Walking to school togather, playing with each other, learning with each other, capturing your Ikrans, sleeping in each other's hammock's and going through your second birth togather.

Somewhere along the journey you found yourself falling in love with your best friend. Neytiri's gentle touch and laugh making your heart skip in excitement, and when she told you of her arranged marriage for Tsu'tey that crush seemed to be crushed.

Neytiri cried, for loss of her sister, and for the engagement of a man she didn't love. But she quickly sucked it up, mentioning it was what was best for the people.

You wish things weren't like this.

You jumped into the water, the coolness relaxing you as you swam.

You came up for air, only for water to be splashed in your face. You let out a gasp, the laugh of your dear Neytiri filling the air.

You shot her a playful glare before sending a wave of water her way, she covered her face laughter becoming a small squeal.

"How dare you!" You laughed, swimming up to her and pushing her shoulders down, forcing her under the water.

She yanked at your tail earning a yelp from you.

"Neytiri!" You gasped, coming face to face with her. Neytiri smiled, ears coming down as her golden eyes staring lovingly into yours.

She lifted a hand, brushing your beaded hair behind your ear. Your face grew hot as you shot her a small smile, leaning into her touch.

At moments like this, you wondered if she felt the same way for you. It was often hard to tell, you weren't sure if you were being delusional or if Neytiri was holding back because of her future belonging to Tsu'tey.

Life spent with her was a life of bliss, often times you really wished..

"Come on, I'll race you to the other side of the lake" you smirked