Five

Vaelerys sat stoically at the table of the Martell royalty. Her husband sat below with the lesser lords and the bastard woman he called his lover. She sat upon his lap feeding him berries.

Aurane sat below, watching as his sister quietly spoke with Prince Doran, Prince Trystane and Princess Myrcella Baratheon. Her face was cold as she knew the people below were mocking her for not enticing her husband enough for a day to keep him away from his paramour.

"Princess Vaelerys, I have never met a Valyrian before. You are so very beautiful. You are just as my mother described your people. Unearthly beauty." Myrcella smiled innocently as she took a bit of her desert.

"Thank you my Princess." She said quietly before looking back to the crowd.

"Vaelerys, I apologize for my uncles antics. Ellaria is the mother of his children, you must understand why this union is a difficult one?" The young Trystane commented.

She gave him a weak smile before returning back to her food.

Aurane had taken it upon himself to approach his sister. It wasn't proper for a bastard to ask for a princess's hand but he could not care less.

"Lovely sister, I believe it is time you dance. It is your wedding after all." He took her wine goblet from the table, smirking as he walked away chugging the liquid.

Reluctantly she rose, following after her brother. Many Lords and Ladies stopped her as she began to trek to the center floor where the waltz's were.

Some wished her to conceive tonight, others asked for positions for their children in court at her service. She moved them along as she continued her journey.

She flenched as a coarse hand grabbed her arm. A tall man with pale hair (almost the same silver as hers), honeyed skin, and deep royal blue eyes had stopped her. He was dressed in an all white tunic with a purple sash.

"Forgive me your grace, I am Arstan Dayne. Lord Regent of Starfall. I would like to share a dance with you if I may?" He smiled.

Vaelerys agreed before heading back for her brother.

They waltz together as they had as children at home. It had brought some brief joy to Vaelerys as she played like children with her brother.

"Who was the strange looking fellow who spoke with you?" He asked as he turned his sister, some of her short hairs falling from the crown of silver braids.

"Arstan Dayne? He asked to dance with me once we are done." She stated.

"Let's hope your husband is not a jealous one, despite his lack of intrigue." Aurane let go of his sisters hands as he walked toward the older Dornish man. Arstan Dayne quickly taking his place.

As Vaelerys danced with the tall and muscular man she watched over his shoulder in worry as her brother confronted her new found husband over a matter.

"Prince Oberyn." Aurane announced over Ellaria Sands giggles as he tickled her exposed sides.

The table grew quiet as the Red Viper moved himself to look at the man beside him. He appeared disconcerted over his new bastard brothers words.

"I would like to speak with you in private."

"I must decline good brother, the people of this table are in need of my jests." He grinned from ear to ear as the table laughed.

"I too am a high born bastard like your lover my Prince. I too am a lover of many whores and a devoted patron to the brothels of my city. I enjoy having women adorn me and beg for me to fuck them. Yet somehow, I, a lowly bastard of a lowly house know more respect than a second born son of royalty who can't control his cock or his tongue."

The room grew silent as Aurane Waters unsheathed his blade. Prince Oberyn smirked as he looked from the bastard to his wife in the arms of Arstan Dayne. The sight annoyed him, he couldn't stand the kiss ass Starfall knight.

"My good brother, you forget, your sister is the one who advantages from her marriage to me, not I, not my brother, not my niece and nephews. As i recall your lovely sisters dowery was only five hundred golden dragons, perhaps the lowest in all the seven kingdoms! I married her not for love, but for duty to my house, for whatever reason my brother thought her worthy to kin." He laughed as some snickered in the room.

Vaelerys grit her teeth as she kept her head down. Her face turning a bright shade of red. Aurane spat in the face of Oberyn Martell which caused many in the room to gasp in horror.

"My family was destroyed because your country failed to protect the Targaryen dynasty for centuries. Driftmark is only one island with only three thousand people to its name. And yet we are the descendants of generations of Kings and Queens, not you and not your shameless Uller whore. You are no true prince, false royalty is the Rhoynar. My sister is the cousin to late King Aerys, cousin to the late King Robert Baratheon, and one of only four living descendents of Old Valyria. Beside her two brothers and Daenerys Targaryen. What are you Oberyn Martell but a whore lover and a cunt with no purpose to his brother but a headache."

Oberyn Martell stood a vicious scowl on his face.

"No one insults Ellaria or my family. You will die here today good brother."

As Oberyn reached for the dagger at his waist his wife lunged into action. Vaelerys had become desperate. If battle broke out between her brother and Oberyn she had no doubt Aurane would die.

She stole Arstan Daynes knife from its small sheath. She charged towards Oberyn, the other guests to perplexed at the tension between the men to notice her.

As Oberyn moved quickly to stab her brother in the abdomen, she slide the knife slickly down his forearm to his thumb.

He hissed out in pain as the guests stood in shock.

Vaelerys stood, a wild expression in her eyes at her actions. She held the long dagger with both hands, her left soaked in her husbands blood as it grasped the sharp blade.

"Never. Disrespect my house or myself ever again. Or I will kill you Oberyn Martell. Slowly and painfully. I will kill you." Her voice shook.