Key word transfromation training C2

1) "He 'BEARS A CLOSE RESEMBLANCE' to his uncle" = "He 'LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO' his uncle" ‑ LOOK ALIKE SOMEBODY. 

2) "The little boy 'WAS GREEN WITH ENVY' see his cousin riding his new bike" = "The little boy 'WAS VERY JEALOUS TO' see his cousin riding his new bike" (TO) BEEN/BEING UNHAPPY BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS SOMETHING YOU WANT AND YOU DON'T HAVE IT.

3) "She is been a bit 'DOWN IN THE MOUTH' for the last few years" = "She is been a bit 'SAD' for the last few years" ‑ (TO) BE DOWN, SAD OR BLUE.

4) "'LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE', at least it is not raining" = "'BE POSITIVE', at least it is not raining" ‑ (TO) STAY POSITIVE / (TO) LOOK SOMETHING IN A POSITIVE WAY. 

5) "The film 'IS FAR TO CRY FROM' the book" = "The film is 'VERY DIFFERENT FROM' the book" ‑ VERY DIFFERENT.

6) "In his autobiography, he finally 'SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT' the infamous arguments with his manager" = "In his autobiography, he finally 'TOLD ME THE TRUTH ABOUT ' the infamous arguments with his manager" ‑ CLEARED EVERYTHING UP / TELLING THE TRUTH BE KNOWN.

7) "Listen, I will 'GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT', we love the house and we want to make an offer" = "Listen, I will 'TALK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FIRST', we love the house and we want to make an offer" ‑ ARRIVE TO AN ANSWER. 

8) "'KEEP ME POSTED ON' the progress with the order, you can call or text anytime" = "'GIVE ME UPDATES ABOUT' the progress with the order, you can call or text anytime." ‑ (TO) INFORM SOMEONE ABOUT SOMETHING / UPDATE ONE, LET ME KNOW. 

9) "The England supporters put their team's failure to qualify 'DOWN TO' bad luck" =  "The England supporters 'SAID THAT BAD LUCK WAS THE REASON FOR' their team's failure to qualify." ‑ (TO) EXPLAIN.

10) "The waiters at the restaurant 'COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE ATTENTIVE'" = "The waiters at the restaurant 'WERE EXTREMELY' attentive." ‑ MOST SOMEONE COULD BE.

11) "Listen, I think we 'GOT OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT' yesterday, can we start over?" = "Listen, I think we 'DO NOT START OUR RELATIONSHIP WELL' yesterday, can we begin again?" ‑ WHEN YOU MEET SOMEBODY BUT IN A BAD WAY / RESTART IN A BETTER FASHION.

12) "The police think Julia had something to do with the robbery but I think they are 'BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE'."= "The police think Julia had sth to do with the robbery but I think they are 'CHOOSING THE WRONG COURSE OF ACTION'." - (TO) LOOK IN THE WRONG PLACE.

13) "We can go and have a look but 'THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT' there will be space to park" = "We can go and have a look but 'WE CAN NOT BE SURE THAT' there will be space to park." ‑ NOT A SURE THING.

14) "He 'PRIDES HIMSELF ON' his ability to remember names and dates" = "He 'TAKES GREAT SATISFACTION IN' his ability to remember names and dates."

15) "She is definitely at home, I 'CAUGHT A GLIMPSE OF' her when she walked past the window" = "She is definitely at home, I 'SAW HER BRIEFLY', when she walked past the window." ‑ (TO) SPOT SOMEBODY OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE OR A BRIEF VIEW - ('(TO) CATCH A GLIMPSE OF')

16) "There were 'NO' rooms left in the hotel 'WHATSOVER'" = "There 'WAS NOT' a single room left at the hotel." ‑ NO CHANCE - ('NO WHATSOVER')

17) "'AT THE HEIGHT OF' his success, he could get a table at any restaurant he wanted" = "'WHEN HE WAS MOST SUCCESSFUL', he could get a table at any restaurant he wanted."

18) "'THERE IS NO TELLING' how she is going to react when you tell her" = "'WHO KNOWShow she is going to react when you tell her." ‑ DON'T KNOW / NO IDEA.

19) "We need to 'FACE UP THE FACT THAT' the money is gone and we can not get it back" = "We need to 'ACCEPT THE FACT THAT' the money is gone and we can not get it back." ‑ (TO) ACCEPT THE FACT / (TRY TO UNDERSTAND.

20) "I am 'NOT AVERSE TO' going to the cinema by myself" = "I 'DO NOT MIND' going to the cinema by myself."

21) "I was really nervous when I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time but they soon 'PUT ME AT EASE'." = "I was really nervous when I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time but they soon 'MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE'." ‑ (TO) MAKE IT EASY / (TO) MADE SOMEBODY FEEL AT HOME - ('(TO) PUT SOMEBODY AT EASE')