Chapter 4

"A weekend trip to your family's cabin. Do you really think my parents will agree with it?"

"We won't know if we don't even ask them Liam" Louis muttered, already annoyed with his friend.

Harry sat on Liam's small study table as he drew a beautiful sketch of both the boys in front of him.

The summer was finally coming to an end and though Liam had enjoyed every bit of it, he felt that something was still missing.

"Liam, you'll be going to New York in just a week. We want only a weekend with you, and if you are so afraid of your parents' permission, I'm sure Zayn would help us in that matter"

In a way, Zayn had become a part of their group. Whenever they wanted to go out somewhere, that they knew they won't be allowed by the curly haired boy's parents, they would ask the dark haired man to convince them to let the friends go. And of course Zayn was always with the three friends wherever they went.

The Payne's had developed a blind trust in Zayn as they believed the guard was there to protect their son and wouldn't let anything wrong happen to him. So they allowed them to go, every time Zayn asked them.

Hank had not come back to his job and Liam secretly wished he wouldn't. He enjoyed spending time with his friends because of Zayn. Also, he gets to be with the dark haired man too.

Zayn would simply accompany the trio wherever they went. His eyes would be focused on the surroundings, impending any dangers around them. But a part of Liam hoped that Zayn would look at him also.

His feelings for the dark haired man had only developed more in the past two months. He tried his best not to feel that way.

But every time Zayn would look at him or keep his palm on Liam's back to guide him into the car, the rational part of Liam would stop thinking and only his heart speaks to him.

And it's not like they don't ever talk. Sometimes Zayn and him would have a light conservation. But Zayn never talked about himself, Liam only knows that he's 25 years old and has been working under Mikhael for a long time.

Their conversation would always be about the place they're visiting, with mostly Liam babbling about his memories of the place. Liam loves to hear the dark haired man's deep voice. He sometimes wondered if Zayn sang also, it would definitely be music to his ears.

Zayn had finally started calling Liam by his name after the curly haired one pestered him so much. It was actually funny as how they bantered like little children.

Coming back to what his best friend suggested, Liam didn't really believe that Zayn would agree to this. Going to the mall or park for just a few hours was a different thing and asking to stay away for a whole weekend was totally different.

The dark haired man, even though has become like a friend, was not actually their friend. At the end of the day he was here because of his job.

"And what if Zayn says no? What will you do then? I'm telling you Lou, it's not a good idea"

"You know you're being negative about this. Call him first and ask him, please Lima Bean" Louis literally pleaded to him.

Liam can't really argue with his best friend. He looked towards Harry who  was pretending to be busy with his sketch, but his smile gave him away. The curly haired boy threw the pillow at him, hearing a scowl from his best friend.

He took out his phone and dialled Zayn's number. Zayn had given his phone number to him in case he needs him. But lately he's been calling the dark haired man only for favours.