Chapter 8

TW: Zayn's past might be triggering for some of you, but it was needed for the storyline...

------------------------------------------------------

He could hear someone speaking softly but his eyelids were too heavy to open and look at his surroundings. His head also felt so heavy as if someone had kept a big piece of rock on it. He turned to his side and snuggled into his pillow.

"If you're up then get up and drink this"

He heard Zayn say to him, he can identify that voice anytime. But Liam didn't listen to him. For now his sleep was more precious than anything. And also he was too embarrassed to face the other guy.

Liam clearly remembers the events that took place yesterday. It was indeed a wild night for him. He couldn't believe that he acted like a brat yesterday, and on top of that expressed whatever he felt for his bodyguard.

"Your acting skills are really bad Liam"

The boy huffed and finally opened his heavy eyelids, he rubbed his eyes to remove any sleepiness. The room was dark thanks to the blinds but Liam could tell through the gap in between them that the sun was shining at it's best. It was most likely afternoon.

His throat was dry and he signalled for some water. But what Zayn actually gave him to drink tasted anything like it. It was sour and bitter all mixed together.

"What the hell is this!"

"That's Andrew's special drink for hangovers and he made it especially for you", sarcasm was dripping in Zayn's tone and Liam wasn't liking it a bit.

"I don't have any hangover, I'm completely fine", a complete lie. His throat was parched and itchy, his headache had gone to another level and he wished Zayn would leave him be so he could nestle back into the covers.

"Yeah, your red eyes and scratchy voice says otherwise"

Liam ignored him and took a sip of the drink even when he didn't want to, because Zayn's focus was fully on him. He could do anything to avoid their inevitable talk, because the way Zayn seemed on edge, it made the brown haired boy understand that he wanted to talk.

"You should clean up Liam, do you want to take a bath?"

The boy shook his head, even though the drink made him feel a little better but he was not in a mood to take a full body bath. He motioned for Zayn to help him get up, "Just wanna wash my face"

The guards arms secured around his waist as he helped Liam get into the washroom, the boy would've enjoyed their closeness if he was not reminded of the circumstances that led him to this situation. He was utterly embarrassed by what happened yesterday and wished that Zayn could just let it go. After Liam was inside the washroom, the dark haired man silently left.

Liam stared at himself and he hated to admit that he looked like shit. He quickly washed his face and brushed his teeth. He didn't throw up as he expected to, thanks to the drink Andrew made for him. He thought about his friends who had to witness everything last night and then his mind spiralled to all of the people at the party, what must they be thinking of him.

He sighed and stood straighter, "You created the mess Liam, you have to clean it up too", but how will he do that, he has no idea about it. He then came out and saw Zayn by his bed waiting for him with a plate filled with pancakes.

"I don't think I can stomach that"

Zayn gave him a small smile that made something flutter in Liam, were they butterflies? nah.

"You can have them when you feel better. I hope you don't feel like throwing up now, you did most of that yesterday itself", He put the breakfast on the night stand.