"We're Moving?!" Chapter 1

• Emily's POV •

I laugh as the wind hits my wet back, making me cold. I walk up the beach and grab my zebra print towel, wrapping it around my body.

"I won." I smile confidently and say to my boyfriend, Luke, who made his way up to me.

We had a race to see who could swim from the buoy in the ocean to the shore the fastest. I was a swimmer, so I had an advantage but Luke and me come out here a lot and swim so he's a great swimmer too.

"Yeah, yeah. You don't have to brag." He tells me, wiping his face off with his towel, causing me to laugh.

I was going to say something back but my phone began to ring. I open my bag and pick up my phone, answering it.

"Hello?"
"Hey, Em." My mom says.
"Hey what's up?" I ask, taking a seat on my towel.
"Me and your dad has big news, so we need you to come back to the house."
"Okay. I'll be right there." I tell her and hang up.

I tell Luke my mom wants me back home and he nods. Putting my phone and sunglasses back in my bag, I slide it up my arm. I pick up my towel and shake the sand off.

"I'll get this." Luke says, bringing down the umbrella and folding it up. Once we get everything, I slip on my shoes and me and Luke walk back to his car, hand in hand.

---

"Mom, we're home!" I say, stepping into my house. I set down my things and so does Luke. After kicking off my shoes, I walk around the house looking for my parents.

I find them both in the den, looking on the computer.

"Hey," I say as me and Luke walk in. "What do you need?"

My dad stands up from the counter chair and my mom sits up from leaning over my dad, looking at the monitor.

"Well, since school ends at the end of this week, we thought that for summer..." My dad starts. I raise my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"And?"

"Oh you tell her, Fran." He says to my mom.

"We're moving to Hawaii!" My mom announces.

"Hawaii?!" Luke exclaims.

"We're moving?!" I yell. I was not moving to Hawaii with these people. That's way too far from my friends and family.

"Wait until you see our beach house!" My brother Seth says, running into the room and back out.

"Calm down," My dad tells me and Luke. "It's just for the summer. Not even that. We'll leave in May and come back in June. It's for about three weeks." My mom explains.

That makes me feel better. At least it won't be for the whole summer. That means I just have to get through three weeks and I'll be back home with Luke.

I sigh and walk out of the den and up the stairs. "It's just three weeks, Em." Luke tells me as I plop on my bed.

"I know, but that's too long to go without you." I say, propping my head up on my hand. Thinking about Luke not being there was hard enough. I'm gonna miss him like crazy when we're really there.

"Wait... What if you came with us?" I say, sitting up.

"I would love to Emily, but I'm kind of in a world famous band." He says, laughing and taking a seat on the bed.

I frown. "Oh, yeah." I say, looking down.

"Hey, don't be sad," Luke tells me, lifting my chin up with his finger.
"We can text and Skype all the time." He tells me.

"Okay." I smile and kiss him lightly.

A/N: How did you like the first chapter? I know it's pretty short but other chapters will be longer. Don't worry 😉

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote too ☺️💜

Okay bye ✌️