PT 20 MINI STORY 4

"Hazel, ever since —" my eyes widened. I suddenly found it hard to breathe. My heart was pounding faster than ever. "— our last case, I realized how stupid I was, all this time, Hazel.  I — I hope you feel the same way—" and he paused. "I like you, Hazel, I really do." I was breathing fast. "And I—" "Guys, hurry up. We are going! Now!" said Daisy. "Coming!" I said, but Daisy was already gone. I stood up and looked at Alexander, I mouthed "I'm sorry" and went out of Daisys room. I don't know why I mouthed it instead of just telling him out loud. To make it more dramatic, I suppose.

We arrived at the hotel. I was sharing a room with Daisy. George and Alexanders room was right next to us. Kitty, Lavinia and Beanie left since we had to go to the hotel. It was still sunny outside. I lay down on my bed and couldn't stop thinking of what Alexander was about to say. "Oh, do stop being so boring, Hazel! What's the matter with you?" asked Daisy. I couldn't speak to her. I sat up and said "Nothings the matter with me. It's just that—" and the door knocked. "Hello boys!" said Daisy. I went over to the door and saw that it was George and Alexander. "Come in, will you!" said Daisy. "Me and Alexander have some exciting news!" said George. "Go on, tell us then!" said Daisy. "Well.. basically.. come outside and we will show you." Said George. George turned to look at me and winked. What were they about to do? Obviously something that Daisy wouldn't like. Daisy was already excited by the looks of it. They took us outside where there is a beach infront of us. "Look there. Cant you see it?" said George "What? No—" said Daisy before she was soaked with water. George laughed, Alexander smiled and I was left astonished. "YOU CHUMP! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" shouted Daisy, but I knew she didn't really mind. We sat down on the sand as we talked. "I forgot to ask you — Alexander and George — what do you think about our friends?" I asked "Well—" "I really liked Lavinia" said George, interrupting Alexander "What about you, Alex?" "Oh — Kitty was nice. I mean — I only got to talk to her the whole time." Alexander looked a bit unsure — or so I wished he was.

"Oh! Kitty! Hazel, did you hear Kitty got a boyfriend?" "Named Hugo?" I asked "Yes!" said Daisy. "She has a weird obsession with boys," explained Daisy to Alexander "she really does. She calls every boy she sees handsome!" Said Daisy, rolling her eyes. "So does Hazel—" "I do not!" I said quickly. I flushed with embarrassment. Alexander run his fingers through his hair and George smirked at him. "Of course you do. Remember when—" and she stopped. I knew she was about to mention when I liked Stephen. "Never mind." said Daisy.

Daisy was with George and I was alone with Alexander. Again. It felt so awkward being next to him alone after what happened before we came. "I'm sorry about earlier. I made it really awkward." said Alexander. "No, it's okay!" I said, reassuring him. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "It's, er, a nice day." He said. We talked for one hour straight. It was 9pm. Still sunny, I thought.  George and Daisy were trying to climb a tree. Talking about ladylike, that was so not ladylike of her!

"Hazel, about what I was going to say earlier," Said Alexander. Oh no. "I like you, Hazel. I so very much like you. I ought to have noticed it before and — I just — er," I looked next to me and saw him already looking at me. Rushing to give him an answer, I really didn't know what to say. So I — I did it.

I kissed Alexander.